Topic: Option to disable compression function for javascript code

I find it very hard to debug javascript with firebug because the code is not indented, do you know if an option like this already exists?

Re: Option to disable compression function for javascript code

nvm, i found how to...
edit config.php and change:
$go_debug         = 0;
to:
$go_debug         = 1;
do you guys know about a developer's guide for frontaccounting? I started yesterday and i am having a hard time trying to understand how frontaccounting uses php, js, ajax, html, json and mysql, specially php and ajax.

PD: I have a lot of experience with php, js, ajax, html, json and mysql but for some reason i get lost every time i try to follow the flow of the application with firebug and xdebug (in netbeans)... any recommendations?

PD2: Sorry for my english tongue

As for now there is no real developers guide, I'm affraid. Please subscribe to developers mailing list (you will find the address on our wiki), so when in trouble you can ask other developers for help.

Regarding ajax it works generally as follows:
. All ajax updates are performed using JsHttpRequest library, which consists two parts: javascript code stored in js directory and used on browser side, and JsHttpRequest.php class used in ajax.inc backend handler.
. All ajax calls are supported by global $Ajax variable.
. Gui elements are ajaxified in helper functions (includes/ui/*). It means that during page rendering content/values of all form controls are buffered, and when $Ajax->activate method is called somewhere during ajax call processing, related element values/content is send to browser, and updated on user's window.
. All ajaxified elements degrade graccefully on non-javascript browser. It means that FA is usable also with javascript off, although in fallback mode it is not so comfortable as using ajax.
. Javascript handlers for most of active controls are installed on browser side during onload event handling by behaviour class. Most of the definitions you will find in inserts.js file.

Hope it helps.

Janusz

Thx for the reply, it helps a lot...
I was wondering why do some buttons where of type "submit" and also have some ajax functionality... I guess is because the "no js compability"...

Does a forum for FA developers exist? or all questions are made through the developers mailing list?

Thx everyone.

James

There is no special development forum, simply because mailing list (or direct mail contact) works better in this case. Subscription to developers mailing list is not restricted, but most of FrontAccounting users are rather interested in new features than FA internals and developer discussions wink.

Janusz

I just subscribed to the developers list, to what mail address should I send messages?

I read the developers help list, but I just do not get it tongue

Thx everyone.

James

The same you have subscribed, but without '-subscribe' suffix. Use your email address you have used for subscribe, or mail list server will send you next Chinese advice wink.

Janusz

8 (edited by jaime.hinojosa 02/12/2010 02:11:14 am)

Thx for the reply, I am just about to send my first mail to: developers@lists.frontaccounting.eu

Hope you receive it, if don't please let me know.

Thx everyone.

James