Topic: stocks work in process

Hi All,
When I start a work order with advanced manufacturing then I start issuing items to that work order , and still the items are not produced ( the production cycle in my situation could be a week or so) these issued items does not apear in "stocks work in process " in GL,
they should be in the Stock work in process till I produce the items then it is moved to sticks finished goods.

what is hapenning,
best regards
Omar

Re: stocks work in process

There are no GL transactions before the productions (unless there are overhead or labout costs). The stocks are automatically issued (according to the BOM) when creating the work order. We have had discussions forth and back regarding this, and came up with the approach we have now.
The items are reserved in the same way as if you create a sales order.

/Joe

Thanks very much joe for your reply,
butI thought that when we issue the order and assign inventory for the production then these items that are in the process of production should be in the "inventory work in process" then when the items are produced they would be converted to ready made goods ,

Or at least this is what I learn as an accountant

thanks again,
best regards
Omar

Yes, of course you are right. It was only very complex when disassembling and extra issues and overhead costs and labour costs.
But I will have another look into it and see if we can correct it.

/Joe

Hello again, obahey,
I have now had a closer look into this complexity. I understand why we never implemented it by using the GL work in progress.
There are so many operations in the advanced assembly. Releasing, extra issues, overhead and labour cost adds, changing the workorder during the operations. To all the time keep track of the correct GL updates would be a huge task.
It is, however, updated correctly when producing. Maybe we in the future can dive into this and get it work as you mention, but not now. It will with guarantee give side-effects doing it now.

/Joe