Topic: Installation guide

I'm trying to install FrontAccounting for my small biz. I however don't seem to understand the IT jargons in the installation guide. What should actually happen once one has downloaded the files?

Re: Installation guide

You should unpack the tarball in your www server document directory, then simply open index.php in this directory with your browser, and follow installer wizard instructions.
Janusz

Ihave not tried this, but the above instructions seem to contradict instruction at https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=4

Me thinks, that index.php will "sense" new installation and redirect accordingly?
Anyway I will be trying this out and will post reply to clarify this thread.

I am sorry. The install instruction at  https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=4 is almost 3 years old and outdated. It has been deleted. Follow the instructions in install.html that is in the root directory after unpacking FA.

/Joe

Hi there.

I intend experiment with FrontAccounting.
I run Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 and am quite new having moved from Windows to Ubuntu
I installed FrontAccounting 2.2.8-1 using the Ubuntu Synaptic Package Manager in /usr/share/frontaccounting
I saw from the FrontAccounting.org website that one needs Apache, PHP and MySQL
Synaptic Package Manager installed Apache 2.2.16-1ubuntu3.1 and MySQL 5.1.49-1ubuntu8.1 and php5-mysql 5.3.3-1ubuntu9.1
I also have phpMyAdmin 4:3.3.7-2build0.10 and can log in as users: root and phpmyadmin

I have had some troubles accessing frontaccounting but was able to get to the frontaccounting login page after doing these things:

After setting this line:

Alias /frontaccounting /usr/share/frontaccounting

in /etc/apache2/conf.d/frontaccounting.conf I was able to get to the frontaccounting login page on localhost by typing:

http://localhost/frontaccounting/

I was unable to login and discovered and edited the file:

/etc/frontaccounting/config_db.php (copied from config_db.php.template)

to connect to a MySQL database I had set up in phpMyAdmin with these details:

Database: WYOT
User: pauly
Password: password

Here is my config_db.php:

<?php

/*Connection Information for the database
- $def_coy is the default company that is pre-selected on login

- host is the computer ip address or name where the database is the default is localhost assuming that the web server is also the sql server

- user is the user name under which the database should be accessed - need to change to the mysql (or other DB) user set up for purpose
  NB it is not secure to use root as the user with no password - a user with appropriate privileges must be set up

- password is the password the user of the database requires to be sent to authorise the above database user

- DatabaseName is the name of the database as defined in the RDMS being used. Typically RDMS allow many databases to be maintained under the same server.
  The scripts for MySQL provided use the name logicworks */

$def_coy = 0;

$tb_pref_counter = 1;

$db_connections = array (
    0 => array ('name' => 'WYOT',
        'host' => 'localhost',
        'dbuser' => 'pauly',
        'dbpassword' => 'password',
        'dbname' => 'WYOT',
        'tbpref' => ''),
    );
?>

Can anyone suggest some things to do?

Thanks

What does "I was unable to login " mean. Did you get a screen? Or does your login passwod fail to get you into the system?

You might try editing config.php and setting
    $debug             = 1;    // show sql on database errors

$show_sql         = 1;    // show all sql queries in page footer for debugging purposes
    $go_debug         = 2;    // set to 1 for basic debugging, or 2 to see also backtrace after failure.
    $pdf_debug         = 0;    // display pdf source instead reports for debugging when $go_debug!=0

to see what's going on.

Hi All.

I intend experiment with FrontAccounting.
I run Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 and am quite new having moved from Windows to Ubuntu
I installed FrontAccounting 2.2.8-1 using the Ubuntu Synaptic Package Manager in /usr/share/frontaccounting
I saw from the FrontAccounting.org website that one needs Apache, PHP and MySQL
Synaptic Package Manager installed Apache 2.2.16-1ubuntu3.1 and MySQL 5.1.49-1ubuntu8.1 and php5-mysql 5.3.3-1ubuntu9.1
I also have phpMyAdmin 4:3.3.7-2build0.10 and can log in as users: root and phpmyadmin