Topic: Inventory Planning Report

On the inventory planning report some stock items indicate that zero for the months 1,2,3,4 5 and 3*M and indicates 20 for QOH; 3 for CustOrd; 0 Supp Ord, 0 Sugg Ord.

There were however transactions for months 1,2,3,4,5 and there should be an amount for 3*m. Why would it not display these transactions on some stock items?

It makes it very difficult to plan stock this way. When the Inventory Item Movement report and inquiry is drawn, it indicates that there were movements for the specific stock item for the same periods.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Unfortunately I am not able to add attachments.

Regards

Wynand

Re: Inventory Planning Report

Upload attachments somewhere and provide link here. Check MySQL / apache error logs for hints.

Hi I have the same problem please.  The Inventory Sales Report does show all my sales.  But the Inventory Planning report shows only some of my sales.  Example.  Customer 1 buys item A and customer 2 buys item A.  Both show on the Inventory Sales Report, but only 1 show on the inventory planning report.  Thank you.  Ann Richmond

Hello, just to clarify how the algorithm works.

In the report /reporting/rep302.php (Inventory Planning Report), line 175.

First the maximum of the last 4 months is calculated.
Then this maximum is multiplied with 3 to get a 3 months estimate.

This is based on known methods to eliminate the risk for one-time selling.

However, if you feel this is not good for you, then please give me a good argument to change this.

/Joe

@joe: Thanks for the explanation. Wiki-ed it.

Joe, I am ok with the calculation, I just can't figure out why some sales appear on the report and some do not.

Is it possible that the said report ignores invoices not in the period of 3/4 months? Can you provide a small backup where you can show - how it is - and - how it should be - scenarios - preferably in the en_US-demo.sql instance of a Training Co.?

Last edited by apmuthu (07/26/2016 02:06:32 am)

Hi, this is my first post, although I have been using FA for a few years now. Absolutely outstanding system. Seahawk's post was about my system when I asked him to try and solve it, and I see Randr has the same problem.
Only in Inventory Planning Report the monthly unit sales is 0 for about 25% of the stock items. The average monthly sales is thus also 0, although it shows the correct QOH, Supp Ord and Cust Ord. The Sugg Ord is then also not correct.
The correct unit sales are available from inventory movements, but it is quite a job to extract everything manually. The other reports seem to be all OK.
Some of the older DOS programs had a "rebuild indexes" option which solved this type of problem, or am I going in the wrong direction?

Please read @joe's post above (4th post). @randr and @seahawk have not provided their sql dumps for analysis.

Rebuilding indexes in FA is quite simple - drop the index and recreate it from the schema in the Chart of Accounts used.