Topic: Deleting a fiscal year

Hi.  I would like to delete the current fiscal year and start over with a new one.  FA will not let me delete the current year.  It states, "Cannot delete this fiscal year because there are fiscal years before.".

My goal is to clear the GL of all 2018 transactions, of which there are few, and re-enter them.

I do not have a backup for the end of 2017 (I know, I know).

Are there other options?

2 (edited by notrinos 02/09/2018 05:35:20 pm)

Re: Deleting a fiscal year

Try to create a new one for 2019 active it then close the 2018 one and it can be deleted.
But I guess not all transactions will be cleared.

Phuong

Thanks.  FA still will not let me delete it.  For clarification:

- all previous fiscal years are closed
- all closed fiscal years have a red X indicating that it can be deleted
- when I click the X FA prompts 'Are you sure?'
- when I click OK I get the msg "Cannot delete this fiscal year because there are fiscal years before."
- now I have a 2019 fiscal year which is considered the 'current' fiscal year and I cannot delete it

All fiscal years must be in the order of the id field as well. Only then will deletion take place. You will need to take a full backup and restore it into another install and work on the MySQL tables carefully possibly in conjunction with a MySQL client such as phpMyAdmin or SQLyog. Also make a list of the plugins and their versions in use. This is not for the faint of heart - take professional assistance if unsure. Post a bounty in the Job offers board.

How many years do you have loaded on your system? Export out the fiscal_years table and see whether the id field is in the same order as the start date of the fiscal years order.

You may also contact the Support Consultants for assistance.

Thanks for the prompt reply and suggestion.  I'd rather not mess with the SQL tables...way out of my comfort zone.

I have been working on understanding/correcting GL entries and now have the GL correct.  I'm left with just a few open issues.  I have numerous posts on the forum, so I won't duplicate those matters on this post.

Thanks again.