Topic: Self-billing (Invoicing ourselves to a supplier)

Hi,

According to EU directives a company can generate invoices itself for its supplier in certain conditions. (link for Ireland).

Is there a way to generate Self-billing invoices in Front Accounting?

Kind Regards,
Olivier.

Re: Self-billing (Invoicing ourselves to a supplier)

FA provides for entering Suppliers Invoices - assume the Supplier has billed you and make an appropriate Supplier Invoice Entry.

Thank you for your answer.

The problem is that I need to print and send this "self-billing" invoice to them. I didn't find a way to do that.

Do you know how to do that?

That would be manual. Make the Supplier Invoice in FA, print it out and then email it.
You can look at how the Customer invoices are mailed out and hack the code into purchase invoices for auto mailing.

5 (edited by abatonime 12/11/2015 02:41:00 pm)

Sorry I was not clear. I didn't mean to ask about auto-mailing. I was just asking about how to print a Supplier Invoice.

Thanks for pointing this out. FA currently has no means of printing out Supplier Invoices. Only Purchase Orders can be printed.

@joe: Print Supplier Invoices is now needed for this use case. This way we can keep track of how they have been entered in FA.

It's not as simple as just printing off a supplier invoice. These are customer invoices issued on behalf of the supplier. - FA would effectively have to create a customer invoice without affecting AR or stock levels and then processing it as a normal supplier invoice. And the created invoices would have to be numbered on a per-supplier basis, presumably with a different prefix for each supplier.

I'm not saying it can't done, but there would have to be changes to the database structure. And while most of the code required probably already exists, there's the matter of fitting this thing into the current workflow and menus. We can probably expect users to distinguish between customer and supplier invoices, but here's something which could be confused with both. Should it be enabled by default? If not, should the setting be per company, user or supplier? There's a lot that need to be thought through if we want such a feature.

Anyway, this kind of invoicing isn't an accounting issue at all, but rather an administrative shortcut. While you do need an invoice to match the payment, the accountant (or accounting system) doesn't really care who issued it.

For now, I suggest you create an invoice in your favourite word processor and let FA handle it as any supplier invoice.

You can use the Document Upload feature in FA and link it to the Customer Invoice.

Hi,

Thank you all for your answers and sorry for my late reply.

I understand that I can make the invoices with a word processor but I would prefer to have the PDF generated automatically. I am a software developer and I am ready to make the changes required myself.

What I would like is to generate a PDF for the Supplier Invoice. How can I achieve that?

How to track the Direct invoice number for the supplier.........?????????? Pls tel me with an example