Topic: Invoice - How to issue invoice with partial payment

Hi All,
       I want to generate an invoice for our customer which is not the full payment of the total invoice amount, it is partial payment. Let say i want to divide into 2 payments(total invoice amount is 10 thousand) How should i generate 2 invoice with the same invoice number, 1st invoice on today's date for 5 thousand, another invoice of 5 thousand with same invoice number generate after 1 month later..  Is there anyway of doing this?

Best Regards,
Alex

Re: Invoice - How to issue invoice with partial payment

No you cannot split an invoice number into two parts. You must use two numbers.

Joe

But for accounting practise, it only can have an invoice for the PO. In this case what should i do?

For accounting practice it make sense to have the full invoice as one invoice. What you want to split is not the invoice but in fact the payment.

What you can to split an invoice is, raise a credit note of the same amount , but with a special item like pre-payment  or installment or something and allocate to the full invoice.
Then create the split invoices with this item again. It's a bit of faffing but it works if you don't have to many to do.

/Elax

I am trying to figure out, how would I use two [invoice] numbers? When I create an invoice for delivery, I can't modify the values there, can I? So, if the total is, say, $10,000 - how can I specify that this is an invoice for $5,000?

I would be OK creating two invoices with two different numbers, as long as it's applied to a single Sales order / delivery.

Hopefully, I am not hijacking this thread...

On related note, there is no way to set up "installment" payment method, right?

need split payments too, sometimes do 1/2 up front to initiate the job and then 1/2 when shipped

thanks

Use the Tag feature to tag both invoice numbers to one delivery note number.

apmuthu wrote:

Use the Tag feature to tag both invoice numbers to one delivery note number.

Thanks, apmuthu for your reply. It may be obvious for an expert in FrontAccounting - but for a new FA administrator, could you please elaborate. How would using Tag feature allow one to generate two invoices? As I am sure you know, once I create invoice, I can't change any line item values. Would using Tag feature change that?

Thanks again for your patience with what is probably obvious questions...

Create 2 sales orders which are editable. Delivery note can refer to both sales orders. The delivery note can then become single invoice.