Topic: Need guidance to send for the first time multiple invoices by email.

We have a municipal association and we must annually send a membership invoice to everyone of all our members. There  are two types of  members.

So far, the all GL accounts are created, all members (customers) are created, all Dimensions are created, bank accounts are created, and... that's about all.

Starting from there, what should I do to make possible sending invoices to all members to "sell" them the annual membership ?

Thanks for helping,

Gaston

Re: Need guidance to send for the first time multiple invoices by email.

Consider setting up recurrent invoices (look in the Wiki, how to). When creating the recurrent invoices, you will get the option to either print the invoices or email them in bulk.

/Joe

Thanks Joe

Good advice. I'm now at the point where I need to specify an invoice template, and I don't see help in the wiki on how to create one. Is it something I can import and then modify, or something I have to create from scratch ?

Gaston

Templates are selected based on a Sales Order in Sales Order Inquiry.

Start by creating a Sales Order you want to use as a template, then mark this one in Sales Order Inquiry as a template.

Then you can use this template when you create the recurrent invoice.

/Joe

5 (edited by huotg01 06/21/2010 03:41:48 pm)

When selecting "New Sales order entry", I then have a page with the message : "There are no inventory items defined in the system."

Does that mean that I have to define each "Membership type" as an item in the inventory ?

Gaston

...and when trying to create an item, I have the message: "There are no item tax types defined in the system. At least one item tax type is required to add a item."

Gaston

Yes, you have to create items, either as stock or service. And before that you have to create Item Tax Types to be used on the Items.

/Joe

Thanks

It's getting better...

2 questions:
1- at the next recurring invoice, will the price be the new price for the item(s) ?
2- where are the taxes ? I don't see any in the invoice ?

Gaston

Please practise this on the Training Co.

Yes, you can change the item price and it will change on the recurrent invoices.
The Item Tax Types are on the Setup page just below the taxes up right.

/Joe

Thanks for the advice.

I know where to set up taxes. This is already done. I defined taxes, 1 group et one type. The question was more related to the fact that I don't see the txes on the invoice.

Gaston

The taxes are shown at the end of the invoice. One line for each tax type that have been used.

/Joe

11 (edited by huotg01 06/24/2010 05:18:27 pm)

I started a new thread (6299) to discuss the following point.
Please don<t answer here

Getting better...and worst...

Now I understand well the specific role of Tax groups (related to a group of customers) and tax types (related to items), and its works as said but there is, in appearance, a problem with the calculation in my case.

I am in the same situation as described in thread 1236. We have to take into account 2 taxes: federal (5%) and provincial(7.5%). The result of the first one, the federal tax, has to be added to the transaction amount before we apply the second tax, the provincial one.

As an example, a purchase of 1$ would be at 1.05$ after applying the fed tax.
Then I have to apply over that 1.05$ the provincial tax of 7.5%, and the end result is 1.13$

In thread 1236, you made the suggestion:

If this is the fact, then you would set it up as follow:
  In Tax type, setup a fed tax 5%, value 5
  Provincial tax 7.5%, value 7.88
  Then combine them into a group, and you are done.

First it seems not possible (or I don't know how) to define a tax with 2 digits after the point, and the, 7.88% becomes 7.9%, which is incorrect.
Second. defining the second taxes to 7.88% would make this information "printed" on the invoice for the second tax, and I'm going to receive a lot of calls from customers...

Is there a better way (because that one doesn't seem to work).

Thanks

Gaston