Re: Payroll Module Development

I've created some straight-forward calculation features as well as also I've had the capacity to figure the different payroll levels correctly. I can use some assist in posting the values to the GL. It seems to be the Banking Account Charge Entry is utilizing a cart to manage entries, however I'm not witnessing simply how the few are really posted. Simply about any help is appreciated.

I am looking at building a payroll module, preferably though I would want real simple for staff to use.

as in

- enter staff
- run pay (weekly, bi-weekly and monthly)
- new PAYE tax code

stickmann did you end up making your more complex or did you still to the basics?

New Zealand tax is very simple, it is just tier based on income.

Attempting a git clone of the fa payroll module from google results in an error:

# git clone https://code.google.com/p/fa-payroll-module/
Initialized empty Git repository in /var/lib/vz/Repos/Git/fa-payroll-module/.git/
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

sticmann wrote:

Farhaj,
You should join the developers list and discuss this with Janusz. He already has a proposed DB structure in place. You could talk with him about moving forward.

I  developed the HR/Payroll module.

I just copied the payroll module into my testing FrontAccounting site and it had problems with the SQL update.  Specifically, it had problems adding the payroll_tax_type table.  When I changed all the commented sections from "--" to "/* .... */" it went through fine.  Ironically, it did not have any problems with the payroll_tax_rate or the payroll_pay_type table which have similar comments?

My test site is on blue host and here are the mysql info:
Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server version: 5.1.66-community-log
Protocol version: 10

Let me know if you need any other info.

Also, I would like to help with this module.  I am a tax accountant in the US and I can code a bit.  I could start testing the tax  calculations on various US payroll taxes and various State payroll taxes if you think it is ready for that.

bjp99,
The project is on hold at the moment - that is, no one is actively working on it as far as I know. The module scope got enormous (trying to make it work for any country's tax requirements) and I got lost. It is currently in a very unusable state and needs direction and more motivation.

You should join the developers list and discuss this with Janusz. He already has a proposed DB structure in place. You could talk with him about moving forward.

I don't have much time but I would like to review the code trying to make some modifications and fixes on it.

33 (edited by mehrshid 09/04/2015 02:40:50 pm)

Hi all
I have full open source Farhaj Payroll system and i am ready to share with every (Technical Persoan ) one could extend  it as a open source free addon.

Put it up on GitHub and pull from one another.

Those who looking Simple payroll and employee profile use the following one.

https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=5965

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes