Re: Textcart module

That is indeed perseverance! Thanks. When all works well, kindly send a link to the zipped module for inclusion in the FA24extensions repo. It currently is in GitHub for the FA 2.3.x branch.

I'm glad to do that. It may take a little while, because I still haven't figured out what's going on with update. But if I can make that fix, I'll get you an update.

I managed to fix the update (I actually needed it the other day, to amend the quantity of a purchase order without changing anything else).
I'll push my version probably on github if you are intereset.

/Elax

@elax: awaiting the updated version.

I've pushed my textcart repository on github there

https://github.com/elax/fa-textcart

The latest version fixes the Purchase order update problemes. However, this version of textcart is meant to work with my fork of FrontAccountting (which includes a few non-compatible features). An up to date version of text compatible with FA 2.3 should be easily doable by uncherry picking what is specific to my FA fork.

The main update from the version you should have is the ability to set cart parameter (like customer, date, reference) etc from the text cart.

I'm happy to answer any question.

Thanks elax for fixing the update problem.

I merged what appear to be the appropriate changes (specifically, the changes in the elax/fa-textcart repository for the latest push, which was titled "Fix PO update problems"). That amounted to two changes in includes/textcart_manager.inc. I worked from the change log in fa-textcart, so that I only took changes that you made in that push. I think that I did not take any changes that are specific to your fork.

Those changes work for me, though my testing was pretty light; I did an insert, then made some changes and did an update, and it looked good.

Here is a link to a .zip file that contains my updates for 2.4.6 and this fix: https://rlhamilton.net/textcart/textcart-2.4.6.zip

Be aware that my experience with programming php and frontaccounting is pretty slim, so although this does work fine for the ways that I use textcart, it would be good if some more experienced people looked at this, too.

Thanks to elax and apmuthu for your help. I hope this update can be useful to others in the FA community.

Brilliant. I'm glad this helped.