News from the Editor
|Posted by Joe (joe) on Feb 23 2016|
|News from the Editor >> Program|
Release 2.4.RC1 is available for download at SourceForge.
This is a preliminary FrontAccounting ERP 2.4 RC1 release.
This version provides a couple of new important features (in addition to all the
features merged from latest 2.3.25 release), but main development effort was
focused on internal architecture changes and cleanups to make future FA development
easier. Please keep in mind the application in current Release Candidate 1 stage is only rougly
tested, so installation on production servers is not recommended yet. Until final
2.4.0 version both software API and database scheme are subject to smaller changes.
At the time of release most of optional extension modules available from central
extensions repo has been also ported to 2.4 and should be mostly usable. Most Themes are
updated and many new Themes are available.
Due to deep changes made under the hood, we highly encourage all current FA 2.3 users
to make test upgrades on a copy of your working installation connected to separate database
filled with your real company data. This will allow us find and fix any possible
upgrade issues before final 2.4 release. Please report any bugs/problems found via our
Mantis Bugtracker at http://mantis.frontaccounting.com.
In Sourceforge FrontAccounting (http://sourceforge.net/projects/frontaccounting), select
Files -> FrontAccounting 2.4 ->2.4.RC1.
For Windows users select the zip file. For all other users select the tar.gz file.
- Better vertical alignment of date picker icon.
- Global fixes in SQL queries aimed to make them more readible and easier for maintence.
- Cleaning of all comments. Small bugfixes.
- Fixed tabbed dialogs. Removed redundant 'popup' variables.
- Fixed bug in price_format() helper leading to problems in various entry forms (e.g. Supplier/Customer Allocation)
- Supplier Invoices, Supplier Credit Notes: fixed edition form bugs, fixed reference to unexisting $invoice_no variable in add_supp_invoice().
- Fixed faulty escape string in empty.po.
- Small cleanups in mail class.
- PDF documents sent by email have now meaningful names.
- Added undefined function cache_invalidate() in install/isession.inc
- Fixed wrong url generated by menu_link helper in final transaction entry menus.
- Changed example user admin email address from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com. Also minor clean up.
- Fixed delays during access to external urls (e.g. exchange rate services).
- Fixed Zend OpCache related issues in extension modules installer.
- Added Fixed Assets Module. Using Straignt Line, Declining Balances and Sum of All Years methods.
- New Standard Themes, default, canvans and dropdown.
- Option to hide Manufacturing and/or Fixed Assets tabs in Company Setup.
- Enabling Popup Search in Customers, Branches, Suppliers, Inventory and GL Accounts. This is optional and can be disabled by setting $use_popup_search to false. This also works together with built in Search Lists.
- Updated upgrade procedures.
- New standard dashboard routines to be used by all themes.
- Customer Transaction Inquiry, Supplier Inquiry: fixed icons for closed transactions.
- Print Deliveries: Fixed not working print as packing slip option.
- Fixed sparse js dialog when canceling sales document entry.
- Invoice/Quotation Report: fixed option for printing order as quotation.
- Transaction Inquiry inside Supplier didn't work. Fixed.
- Fixing check for non supplier reference. Cleanup.
- Supplier Invoice/Credit Note. Moved Dimensions entry from left section to middle section for better layout.
- Print Remittances: fixed usage of sys_prefs 'print_invoice_no' option.
- Receive Purchase Order Items: invalid date was passed to reference number provider.
- Direct Purchase Invoice: added link to payment entry on final page.
- Purchase Order Entry: fixed support for editable items description.
- Fixed warning about non well formed value in purchase pricing.
- Fixed edit key icon display in Direct Supplier Invoice.
Items and Inventory
- Rearranging/Changing fields in Stock Master table.
- Produce/Unassemble Finished Items from WorkOrder: fixed syntax error.
- Option to not use the module in Company Setup.
- A total rewrite of the Manufacturing routines. Better layout and information.
- New module Fixed Assets added.
- Option to not use the module in Company Setup.
Bank and General Ledger
- Tax Report: not taxable sales printed in separate summary line.
- Tax Inquiry: fixed references to non-existing database fields.
- Void a Transaction: fixed GRN voiding.
- en_US-demo.sql and en_US-new.sql cleanup
- Bank Account Inquiry: fixed missing counterparty info for some transactions.
- Profit & Loss Drill Down fixed regression in reference period selection.
- Fixed typo in gl_deposit_view.
- Fixed dependency problem during fiscal year closing.
- Reconcile Bank Account dhould not show void transactions
- Fixed bank account balane checking procedure.
Last changed: Feb 23 2016 at 3:29 pmBack