Topic: Invoice won't post to the right GL account

When I make an invoice to a customer, I do not get a post to the the right GL account.  Maybe this is a bug, maybe not, as I am still learning the system.

I have a customer, (Cash Sale GTQ),  in Customer Branches this customer is set to a Customer Branch called (cash sale GTQ) that is set to GL Account, (4010 Sales GTQ), but the invoice posts to GL account, (4000 Sales), my default. When I go back to Customer Branches and look at them, the Customer Branch is there, and when I click Edit the proper GL accounts are there.

Proper Customer and Branch are selected when making the invoice.

What do your think?

Also the javascript pop up calender doesn't seem to work, but I have not looked into it yet.

Regards, Alvin

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: Invoice won't post to the right GL account

We will have a closer look into this.

Strange with the Date Picker. We haven't heard of problems here before.

Which release are you running?

/Joe

Hello again,
The account for the product over-writes the branch account for sales.

/Joe

Hello Joe

Thanks for your response.

This will be a problem for me, I will need to tie GL sales accounts to a Location, or as I have attempted, to a customer which would do the same.  Otherwise I have no way to track sales to a location.

Is there a way for me to disable the GL accounts in the, Items and inventory > Item?

What do you recommend here?

I guess the best maybe to have the ability to select (none) as one of the GL Accounts options.

AM

You point out something here. We will have an internal discussion about this. Could you probably use a dimension for a Location to keep track of it?

/Joe

I do not know much about dimension yet, I looked at using them for this awhile back, but I do not think it will work, maybe having attributes would be better. but...

I think that Customer Branches would be a good way to track location data.  If you added more GL accounts to Customer Branches, like Tax accounts,  Inventory Accounts, C.O.G.S. Accounts, Inventory Adjustments Accounts,  then you would post the GL according to Customer Branch, which would be like a Location Branch.

What do you think?

AM

I don't see the need for all these accounts on a Customer Branch. The Tax Account is based on the Tax Id, which is part of a Tax Group. The Inventory, Adjustment accounts are stock related.
But I can see a new report, based on the table stock_moves. It could create a report for you that keeps track of locations (it could also calculate the contribution). It could be for a period, per locations, per item. Detailed or Summaries.

/Joe

Hello again,
I've just checked in an Inventory Sales Report to the CVS repository for unstable.
If you don't use cvs, you can browse to https:/sourceforge,net/projects/frontaccounting and select Code and browse CVS. First look in the CHANGELOG.txt (for unstable) and see which files to download from here.

I hope this satisfies your request.

/Joe

Thanks Joe

I will grab cvs today. I have not yet gotten to inventory control, it will be next.

I would still like to get an override on the Items GL Sales Account?

In my post POS in Items and Inventory you said "You can set the AR account in the Customers Branch to a cash account instead of the AR account."
this proved to work, meaning that GL  AR account in Customer Branches overrides GL AR account in Items.

Let me know what you think?   Thanks

AM

Yes, you can use a cash account instead of the normal AR account. I commented on that in your POS topic. The Customer Allocation Inquiry would not get right unless you make a deposit with allocations (which can be done daily, weekly or so), but the GL is ok. You can probably live with that.
The GL AR account in customer branches doesn't override the GL AR account in Items. There is no such account in Items. You only change the GL AR account from the normal debtor account to the cash account.

/Joe

I see there is no AR in Items.

The problem here is the post to the Sales Account.  My sales for both locations will get dumped into the same Sales account according to the sales account set in Items.

This means I will need to go to GL once a month and split out the sales and repost to the correct Sales accounts, a job I do not want.

??
AM

Ok Alvin,
You have convinced me and we have changed it in the CVS repository for unstable at Sourceforge.
With these changes:
Customer Branch Sales Account now overrides the Item Sales Accounts if there is a Sales Account set in the Customer Branch. Default is now the choice 'Use Item Sales Accounts'.
I guess this will help you and others to a wider analysing of the reportings.

/Joe