Topic: Taxes and Supplier invoices

If I go through the complete process:
Purchase Order Entry
Outstanding Purchase Orders Maintenance
Supplier Invoices

then I have the taxes charged and everything is perfect.

Quite often, we don't go through the whole process. We order something by phone, receive the Supplier invoice and just pay it. In this case, usually I will go directly to "Supplier Invoices" and just capture the invoice. When doing that, I don't get the taxes, and I need the taxes.

Am I doing something wrong (or missed something) ?

Thanks,

Gaston

Re: Taxes and Supplier invoices

Hi Gatson, if I am getting u correct -

You may manually apply the tax using tax gl item.
Here tax will not be auto calculated.

Chaitanya

Hello Chaitanya

Yes I can apply an amount for taxes to the right GL account, but I don<t think it will then be displayed in the invoice taxes lines, would they ?

The idea is to be able to simplify the process when it starts with the reception of the reception item and its invoice. That's why I'm asking if possible to also go this way ?

Gaston

Joe, or Janusz,

Any comments about the last post ?

Gaston

If you are using a supplier with tax, you should put the correct tax group on this supplier. Look eventually in the FrontAccounting Wiki regarding tax, .

For items there are no problems then. The purchase prices are ex. tax. The tax is calculated as you enter the items. And when you save the invoice the tax GL line(s) are done automatically.

If you are using the GL part of the supplier invoice, you will have to enter the tax manually. But I would suggest creating some Quick Entries for this. Then it is very handy to just select a quick entry and the lines are created automatically for you. Look in the FrontAccounting Wiki regarding this too.

/Joe

Thanks Joe

I'm generally a good wiki user, and I did look at the Purchase section of it before asking my question, and I didn't find my answer (maybe I missed it, then I'm really sorry).

The part about using an item was also well understood. I just didn't know that doing additional lines in the Invoice with tax  GL accounts would filled the tax specific lines.
In fact that was my question, and the answer to it was  very simply "yes". That was the not-understood part.

Thanks for the reminding about Quick Entries,

Gaston

Gaston, in 2.3 we have implemented direct GRN/Direct Invoice in Purchases module, just like it is done for Sales in 2.2, so all taxes are also calculated automatically. FA 2.3 is in release candidate stage though.
Janusz

Thanks Janusz for the information. I will test that.

By the way, Quick Entries is a great tool.

Gaston