Topic: Exchange Rate TWD

I am using Taiwan dollars as my business currency, and would like to get exchange rates against USD and CAD.

I understand that ECB does not support TWD, so I tried editing the lang/en_US/locale.inc to use Google, but the exchange rate continues to be returned as 0.0000

I also tried with Yahoo - same result.

Do I need to change en_US to something else?

My error log has many instances of this error:

[12-Jun-2010 12:37:15] 0:admin:JsHttpRequest.php:470: mb_convert_encoding() [<a href='function.mb-convert-encoding'>function.mb-convert-encoding</a>]: Illegal character encoding specified

Is this related to the currency problem?

Re: Exchange Rate TWD

To use an alternate exchange rate provider, change the name of the folder lang/en_US/ to en_GB - which is the default locale with a new installation.

Great software, guys, but a hell of a slog getting things set up for the first time. I've done about 4 reinstalls so far and am just getting the hang of it now.

Yes, having en_US directory installed while we use en_GB as default language seems to be a small inconsistency. Thanks for pointing this out. But why have you had to reinstall the application?
Janusz

itronics wrote:

But why have you had to reinstall the application?
Janusz

I'm trying to import products and orders using the CSV importer and the OSC importer. As I was not clear on the exact procedure, the database got really messed up. So I reinstalled. Second time I used the demo company, then created my own company, then realized that only the first company has access to all features (add modules etc). So I reinstalled. Seems to be working so far, so I reinstalled on my working server, rather than my test server.

There are quite a few mysterious operations that take a while to figure out. Good documentation would help with newcomers like me. When I get this system up and running, and figure things out a bit better, I would be happy to contribute by adding to the WIKI documentation.