Topic: Email Supplier Payments

When I do a supplier payment the comments are added to the remittance, but they are not part of the PDF file that is emailed.

Also the text of the email says:

Subject: Order No. 45

Dear name etc,

Attached you will find  Order No. 45

Thank You

Tom

ORDER NUMBER? That should say something different.
It would be real nice if the comments could be in the email as well as in the PDF file.
That could be true of all the emails sent or maybe an extra step to allow entering any comments for the text of the email

tom

Re: Email Supplier Payments

I'm not sure if the same comments should go into the pdf document just emailed and into the email content. I guess there is also some other fixes needed here.
As emailing documents is not so often used feature (at least not by me or Joe), we have not touched it waiting for somebody else who can fixit and test the changes thoroughly.

Janusz

LOL I guess that is a HINT!!!

Taxes due soon... I will look at it when I can!

You are welcome smile.
Janusz

5 (edited by smokinjo 04/18/2010 04:24:33 pm)

itronics wrote:

I'm not sure if the same comments should go into the pdf document just emailed and into the email content. I guess there is also some other fixes needed here.
As emailing documents is not so often used feature (at least not by me or Joe), we have not touched it waiting for somebody else who can fixit and test the changes thoroughly.

Janusz

Just my 2 cents worth:

I e-mail all invoices to clients (OK, a couple of exceptions).  This is very useful to us.

I can also see being able to send the packing slip, as that is how I always send information to the warehouse (our warehouse and office are in seperate locations).

I would also see sending sales orders to clients by e-mail so that they can confirm the order.

Yes, a good e-mail feature for mailing documents would be VERY useful for us.

Joe

I also email, sales orders, invoices, and account balance, to some customers...

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.