Topic: Tax inquiry report does not show all tax

When I compare GL account inquiry for tax receivable with Tax inquiry report for the same period selection there is a mismatch. The information does not appear on the tax inquiry report.

Is there an explanation for this?

Re: Tax inquiry report does not show all tax

Please check that you have setup correct Sales Tax accounts and Purchase Tax accounts on the Tax Types.
Also check that you have setup the correct Item Tax Types and correctly set the exempt values.

/Joe

In tax types I have setup as follows:
VAT hoog     19.0     2310 BTW hoog af te dragen     1205 Te vorderen BTW hoog        
VAT laag     6.0     2311 BTW laag af te dragen     1220 Te vorderen BTW laag    

For the item tax types I have setup 2 groups with both exempt for the 6% (so VAT laag is not yet used)

When creating sales invoices tax is automatically created, but not in supplier invoices

And the correct Tax Group is set on the Suppliers? If this is the fact, I have no idea of what has gone wrong. I only know that it should work ok if set correctly.

/Joe

Could you explain how the tax inquiry report is getting its input data? Maybe that will help me to understand why there is a difference with what is booked on the account.

The tax inquiries are picked up from the X_tax_trans_details table, where X is the company no. You may look into the table by using the utility phpMyAdmin and select your database.
You should see all the transactions, both input and output.

But you may have run into a presentation bug if you use the Journal Entry or Bank Payment/Deposit form.
You can download the files:
/gl/includes/db/gl_db_banking.inc - revision 1.9
/gl/includes/db/gl_db_trans.inc - revision 1.14
/reporting/rep709.php - revision 1.4
from the CVS Main repository

/Joe

Hi Joe,
Is the Tax report under GL reporting working properly (i.e. tested)?

It seems it shows bookings that I have voided?

Can you explain the selection logic of the report?

Thanks

See into rep709.php file to know how the records are selected. When transaction is voided all related  tax records have amounts set to 0, and therefore are not displayed in tax report. If you have some of them displayed seems for some transaction tax records are not cleared during voiding. Where have you found this problem?
Janusz

Some time ago, about 9-12 months, you changed something here Janusz, when we implemented the quick entries. To pick up the correct debit/credit tax you changed a JE entered voucher with tax accounts from type 0 (JE) into type 1 (bank payment).  I guess when this JE is voiced, it can't find the correct trans_tax_detail to void.

Please also read the info on how to use the Tax System and Reporting in practice on the Wiki

/Joe

I can't help as long as I don't know what exactly is wrong here i.e. what kind of transaction is not voided cleanly.
Janusz

JE = Journal Entry, sorry.
While the Journal entry (that includes transactions on a tax account) is saved everything in GL are updated correctly, but when updating the trans_tax_details for this Journal Entry the type was changed to a Bank Payment because we couldn't figure out if this was Outgoing or incoming tax statistics.
When I see this in the code, I remember you did some changes here when we updated the Tax Report after implementation of the Quick Entries.

But again, these transactions should not be done before the Tax Report has been taken. See the Wiki regarding tips on how to do this correctly.

If this tax_trans_detail is still there after voiding the Journal Entry and if the Transaction is from before a Tax Report, this do not have any effect on the future tax reporting.

/Joe.

Hi Both,
Thanks for the advise. I checked the wiki on this and that is giving me some hints. I also know where to find the tax details now.

Regards,
Robert

I think I found the case..

When I import goods there is no tax on the invoice. So I book this as tax free.

Whe the goods arrive these are imported and customes calculate the tax based on the above invoice plus some taxeble freight cost items.. I booked this in January (Joe has a good memory!) as a bank payment against freight charge account and VAT account. This entry does not appear on the tax report.

Can you advise me how the tax should be booked so that it appears on tha tax report? (then I reverse the wrong bookings to solve the issue)

Thanks in advance.

Robert

So we have problem. I will add it to mantis.
Janusz