Topic: General Ledger of Customer with Debit, Credit and Description

Hello everyone,

Before using FrontAccounting, we were using Microsoft Access App for our company, and one by one, we are trying to match the reports that we want from FrontAccounting.

Image of Report | https://ibb.co/NKpFMrz

Right Now I would like to ask about a report, General Ledger with details below (right to left - ? - columns).
1. Date
2. Type (Sales Invoice, Receiving Voucher, Sales Return...)
3. Reference Number
4. Description (Item Name or Amount Receiving Details...)
5. Cheque (Optional)
6. Sales Return ( + Quantity)
7. Sales (- Quantity)
8. Price of Item
9. Debit
10. Credit
11. Balance

I'm the IT Manager in the company that's why I have minor knowledge of Finance and the above detail is taken from software that we are using currently, so if you find any awkward thing in above points, just leave it .

Post's attachments

GL_from_Access.png 199.2 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: General Ledger of Customer with Debit, Credit and Description

FA does not have a separate field for Cheque Number in the core - you will need an extension for it - besides it does not qualify as to which bank it pertains to even here. However, it can be part of the memo / detail field in FA.

Banking and General Ledger (tab) => Reports => GL Account Transactions => Choose Accounts Receivables in From and To Accounts - this will yield a report with all customers in it. If sub-ledgers for each trackable customer is created for the AR main head, then it can be filtered on a per customer basis.

@joe: The report attached in the previous post can be made atleast in FA 2.5.

Post's attachments

Ac_Receivables.png 42.6 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

First of all, thanks for the instant reply.

Then, what you mean is, we will have to create separate Account Receivable so that I can track them in General Ledger using that Receivable Account.

The second thing, I want to ask is related to the report you have shared. In the Person/Item column, no item is shown.

The last thing I want to ask, what if I make a custom report the same as my attachment...

Yes - Separate Sub Ledger Account for each trackable Customer or use the customer reports.

The report shared is a common one for all GL Transactions - True Ledger. As this needs to accomodate all kinds of references, the Person/Item column may not exist for every line record.

Custom reports with minor changes can be made to a copy of the appropriate report in reporting/rep###.php file and then placed in the company/#/reporting/ folder where it will override the original in actual FA usage.

If the custom report is completely different, make it as an extension and install it - see samples under the rep_* folders here.

Read the wiki.