Topic: Problems with Import of statements using Bank Account Import extension

Hello. I am having a bit of a problem in FA 2.4.6 using Import transactions (2.4.0-5). The COA in use is a modified version of English South African 5 digits COA - New (2.4.1-4).

A CSV was prepared according to the bank_en_GB.csv template

The import was tried in 2 phases: Deposit Processing and Payment Processing.

When I attempt a Trial Deposit run each line shows up in Green with the comment: "Ignoring payment. Use same csv under payment processing" and a further comment at the bottom that "Error: Debits do not equal credits." and the Trial Payment Processing also shows up in green with the expected comment " Ignoring deposit. Use same csv under deposit processing." and the same "Error: Debits do not equal credits."

When I tried an actual run after doing a backup, nothing gets posted to the DB.

Any suggestions on how to debug please?

Regards Barry

Re: Problems with Import of statements using Bank Account Import extension

At the bottom of the page after a trial or actual run, there should be a table titled Deposit/Payment Processing showing all the g/l entries and a Total line.   If this does not show, or the Total line is missing, then you could get that error.

I'm not getting the Total line but all the line items show up green. How do I debug please?

Regards Barry

Does the table show up at all?  Do you see the table title Deposit Processing?

Or does the table show, but just the total line is missing?

Hi. No table shows up at all.

Regards Barry

Then the call to display_entries() has a problem.   For debugging, you could sprinkle the code with various display_notification("xxx"); calls to find out why.  display_entries() is in import_transactions.inc.  This should be pretty easy, because there are just a few lines of code before the table should display the table header.

Hi. My apologies. The Deposit and the Payments tables are in fact showing up but are unpopulated after trial runs. All the individual transaction lines are shown in green.

Regards Barry

Make sure your code matches the code in FA24ExtensionsRepo.   The individual transaction lines should not show up in green, so maybe you have old code?

Each transaction should look like:

Ignoring payment. Use same csv under payment processing.(line 2 in import file 'bank_en_GB.csv')
3:1086
Added to table 'bank_trans': 2, 16, 102/2019, 02/01/14, 300, 2, 1 (line 3 in import file 'bank_en_GB.csv')
Added to table 'gl_trans Credit:': 2, 02/01/14, 5710, 0, 0, -300, cash on account, 2, 1 (line 3 in import file 'bank_en_GB.csv')
Added to table 'debtor_trans Credit: Payment from customer': 300 (line 3 in import file 'bank_en_GB.csv')
Added to table 'gl_trans' Debit bank account: 2, 02/01/14, 1086, 0, 0, 300, cash on account, 2, 1 (line 3 in import file 'bank_en_GB.csv')
Ignoring payment. Use same csv under payment processing.(line 4 in import file 'bank_en_GB.csv')