Re: Default Theme Redesigned And available For testing

The plain default is best retained as default whilst the "best" can be others in the dropdown list.

I have updated my theme here in my site to available for download and try it from users. Those who wish to try the theme. They can download it from here

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@apmuthu, I think this one is less cluttered... have a look at puroV1

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

I would still prefer the existing default theme. The PurV1 @kvvaradha's default theme (screenshots attached here)  is a little large and well spaced out but needs scrolling on smaller monitors. No clutter now.

Post's attachments

purV1_theme_screenshots.zip 74.9 kb, 20 downloads since 2019-04-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

30 (edited by poncho1234 04/27/2019 04:51:57 pm)

@apmuthu; The screen shots are kvvaradha's theme; are you looking at the right one?

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

I have increased both font size and space for the rows and columns. Because now a days we can see most of them has good screen size for desktop. If you open this with big ! monitor you can see them in a small space. So In my default theme I gave some extra space as well as changed the Colors to black and white for better look.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@poncho1234: Yes, it is @kvvaradha's theme from the link he provided. If your PuroV1 is elsewhere, please provide the link.

@kvvaradha: I tested out on 1440x900 and had to scroll.

33 (edited by poncho1234 08/01/2019 04:59:51 pm)

@apmuthu; Demo here
username: demo
Password: password

@poncho1234's PurV1 theme: Whilst the font sizes are okay and the menus have no clutter, it may cause issues during remote desktop refreshes.

Unlike @kvvaradha's theme, @poncho1234's theme is not yet available for download and local testing.

Post's attachments

Poncho_PurV1_Screenshots.zip 47 kb, 8 downloads since 2019-04-28 

apmuthu wrote:

@poncho1234: Yes, it is @kvvaradha's theme from the link he provided. If your PuroV1 is elsewhere, please provide the link.

@kvvaradha: I tested out on 1440x900 and had to scroll.

may i know which page you have to scroll to see end.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@apmuthu, not the default theme then, possible replacement for core 'dropdown' theme.

@joe, can you provide the download link of flatcolor2 theme

www.boxygen.pk

The flatcolor2 theme - Navigate to Sales => Transactions and we cannot click Sales Quotation Entry menu item.

I quite like the PuroV1 treatment.  Regards

Regards Barry

@boxygen
The themes flatcolor, flatcolor2 will be available in a while at the repo. You can continue to test them and default2 at
url: frontaccounting.com/fa24test
user: testing
pass: password

@apmuthu
The testing user is only having Inquiries allowance. That is the reason that the Sales Quotes are unavailable.

/Joe

@joe: Tnx. Removing it out entirely on being disabled. Greying out is easier understood.

42 (edited by poncho1234 08/01/2019 05:18:41 pm)

So this is different – two versions: (One with horizontal quicklinks and the other with vertical quicklinks) Both still in development.

Both themes feature:-

• Quicklinks are user defined; click on the ‘six dots’ icon(or double kebab, double menu, menu menu…) Select the user mode you want to change and select/deselect the applications you want in this user mode, save. (Page refresh if you want to see the changes made.)

• User modes are user defined; hover over the ‘people’ icon and you will see a list of user defined user modes, select the one you want and you will see the quicklinks change instantly.

• Other applications are presented by module type: Not by main application(Sales, Purchasing, etc.)
    •    So the ‘plus’ icon lists all the other 0 Transactions apps not listed in current usermode quicklinks.
    •    The ‘page’ icon lists all the other 1 Inquiries & Reports apps not listed in current usermode quicklinks.
    •    The ‘spanner’ icon lists all the other 2 +3 Maintenance apps not listed in current usermode quicklinks.
    •    The ‘kebab’ icon lists setup apps in traditional format.

Note: Access roles still apply! I’ve also predefined some usermodes.

Why? Most current themes give the same prominence to all apps, So ‘Direct Invoice’ has the same ‘status’ as say ‘Sales Groups’; the first one you may use ten times a day the other you may use once a year or if at all.
So you need to define the apps you use regularly; whilst still having access to all the other apps in the background for as and when required – which is what I have tried to achieve.

Uses:

• I remember that when I first used FA I was little ‘intimidated’ by the sheer number of options available – 133 apps - which one? So may help new users.

• A small business owner wears many hats, mostly it’s their ‘Sales’ hat, but sometimes they need to wear their ‘Purchasing’ or ‘Accounts’ hats.

• Any user who wants to improve and speed up their workflow.

Notes:

1. As mentioned still very much in development – advice, reviews, comments, etc, very welcome.

2. Hot keys do not work

3. I would like to change the vertical theme quicklinks to icons with hover over tooltips –ongoing.

4. As currently written, this theme would require an extension as well as the actual theme – how the Dashboard was in FA V2.3

5. Currently using the DB, writing to a file would probably be a better way.

Demo here
username: demo
Password: password

@poncho1234: Good show.

Vertical Theme: Left menu has no scroll of menu items.
Horizontal Theme: The top menu item - Allocate Supplier Payments or Credit Notes - seems to exceed the vertical height of the bounding rectangular box at browser default font sizes.

44 (edited by poncho1234 08/01/2019 05:55:57 pm)

Hi apmuthu,
Thank you for the feed back:-

In chrome & firefox top menu item - Allocate Supplier Payments or Credit Notes shows ok, screenshot below - what browser are you using please?

In vertical the menu - position: fixed; the idea was that menu would stay in same spot for longer pages. I can make it position: absolute; so user can scroll.
Its really going to depend on user screen size - so have to accommodate all users so will make the change.
In the future these will be icons, smaller so more of them, but will still depend on number selected and user screen size - maybe allow for two - three columns of icons?

Post's attachments

different-horiz.png 61.5 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Firefox 52.0.9 on WinXP SP3

46 (edited by poncho1234 08/01/2019 06:40:25 pm)

That's strange? Can you post a screenshot? And I'll try to make the necessary changes, will not be able to test though.

Edit I have increased height & width of the button: @apmuthu I have no access to XP, can you please check, post screenshot if not ok.

It's okay now in both themes. Tnx.

48 (edited by DrCard 01/10/2020 03:46:45 am)

I've tried logging in but the password does not work

Also where can i download the Default2 theme ?

Regards
and thank you

joe wrote:

Hello again Guys,

I have uploaded 3 new themes that are based on flat simple colors and flat icons from flaticons.net. They have many good icons and it is easy to color the icons before downloading.

The Default2 theme, is mirroring the Default theme, but it has gone a major update.

The Flatcolor Theme is a new theme, also with flat colors. A horizontal menu at the top and a module menu dropdown.

The third, Flatcolor2 is with a sidebar accordion menu, that can be expanded and taken away with the Menu sign above the sidebar. This could be a candidate outside the defaults.

They all need a little fine tuning but please give your comments.

Did you improve yours a bit, @kvvaradha. I also guess that @notrinos has one coming. Exiting!

The url is:

https://frontaccounting.com/fa24test

User: testing
Pass: password

The testing user is only allowed to make queries.

/Joe