Topic: VAT / Tax Inquiry / FA 2.4.6

I have a problem with Tax Inquiry (tax_inquiry.php). Invoices from suppliers with automatic tax set to (2150) is calculated correct. Manuel entries, that I have made using "Journal Entry" under "Banking & General Ledger" is NOT calculated even though I have manually entered a specific line for 2150 for tax.  How can I fix this?
We need some way of making manuel entries as not everything is itemnumbers from known suppliers. If we buy something of low value (f.ex. screws) from a supplier that we are not normally using, we will use a manuel Journal Entry. But then the VAT/Tax is calculated wrong. I was hoping that upgrade to 2.4.6 would fix this, but unfortunately this is the same.

It is a huge problem for us, as we have no way of showing correct VAT amount.
I have tried using a different account code (2151), but it changes nothing on the Tax Inquiry. Your help will be highly appriciated.

2 (edited by rafat 02/18/2019 07:53:12 am)

Re: VAT / Tax Inquiry / FA 2.4.6

Take a look at this discussion . You will find the solution.

https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=7252

3 (edited by Tode 02/20/2019 08:57:25 pm)

@rafat. Thank you very much. I have been reading all posts in the discussion. The discussion is covering multiple issues. Can you please point me in the right direction? Some of the suggested changes are blank name fix for rep709.php. The page, that is showing the wrong VAT is tax_inquiry.php - but I can't find any changes for this?

@Tode.. I suggest that you download both the inquiry and the report files from the previous thread and give it a try. I know for sure that the report will give you the right result but the inquiry needs more work. I have asked Braath Waate to help in this regard.

5 (edited by Tode 02/20/2019 08:12:59 pm)

@rafat: Thank you again. I have downloaded the inquiry and the report from Braath Waate's post of 07-02-2019 04:31:52.
I have run report for the current month. Then I have made a new manuel journal entry in the same month. I then ran the report again and compared. The report shows exactly the same, so my conclusion must be, that it does not count manual Journal Entries! Unfortunately!!

I can see, that the detailed report is only including customer invoices, customer creditnotes and supplier invoices. No Journal Entries.

@Tode
In my case it shows the JE Bank Deposits/Payments, Customer/Supplier Invoices...etc
May be you have installed the report in a different path?
try installing it in company/#/reporting/rep709.php
where (#) is the number of the company.
Lastly make sure to tick the(include in tax register) button at the upper right corner of the JE screen.

@rafat
Thank you again. It seems to work!!! It seems, that the missing part was ticking on "Include VAT" under Journal Entry.
Thank you - you've made my day.

@Tode
The real one to thank is Braath Waate who fixed the report. I also asked him to look at the Inquiry.

@Tode

Review https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=7252

and you will have the Inquiry as well.

Good luck