Topic: Bug in "totals" when entering deposits or payments

Hi folks,

I noticed that when entering deposits and payments, if I have two items like this:

Item 1: $500
Item 2: -$750

the total will say, $250 rather than -$250.  It seems to always be positive when I don't think it should be. 

It appears that it gets entered correctly into the journal and the reports are correct, but that total is confusing in the interface.

Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding?

~Tom

Re: Bug in "totals" when entering deposits or payments

I think this behaviour can be considered as minor bug if entry of negative amounts is allowed. But I'm not sure if negative amounts should be forbidden here or not.
Janusz

Hi Janusz,

That's a good thought.  I know one area that we use it for is when a "fix" is made in another part of our financial software stack.  So, that other piece of software could export a deposit with a negative amount if a check bounced or something.  So if it IS a bug in FA, it's a useful one for us!  The only thing that would help is if the total had the correct sign.

Hope that helps smile

~Tom

This behavious (negative amounts were implemented due to quick entries (or normal lines) containing more transaction lines. But of course the total shoulld be shown correctly. Will fix this asap.

/Joe

This is fixed and committed to CVS Main trunk. File: /gl/includes/ui/gl_bank_ui.inc

/Joe

Fantastic!  Thanks Joe.