Topic: couple of queries regarding 'Process Depreciation'

I am using FA 2.4.6 and trying to understand the 'Fixed Assets' module.
Followed instructions from wiki and set Categories, classes etc and then added Assets with 'Fixed Assets Purchases'.

When I clicked on 'Process Depreciation', I did not get the Fixed Assets items which I wanted to process. I enabled debugging to identify the issue. Now my queries are

1. In the 'Process Depreciation' page, I think, the 'Select an item' dropdown items comes from db_has_depreciable_fixed_assets function. In that function, items are filtered with till and from depreciation dates with 'depreciation_date < '".$y."-12-01'  AND depreciation_date >= '".($y-1)."-12-01'") i.e. Month December. Only items with depreciation date between previous years December to this December (based on the active financial year from the setup) will be selected. For us in India, financial year starts from 1st April and ends on 31st March, so in that case shouldn't it be the month of March instead of December.

2. Assets are depreciated for number of years like 5 years, 10 years, etc. Now, if I have an item with a depreciation date in the year 2016, how can I process depreciation for that item for current financial year, because with our SQL query, only items with depreciation date falling in active financial year will be available to process.  I am sure I am getting someting wrong here. Please help me out.

Thank you.

Re: couple of queries regarding 'Process Depreciation'

Looks like we need to make this feature generic to be based on the fiscal year start and end dates.

What about the 2nd query. Only items with depreciation date falling in current financial year are available. In that case how to process depreciation for items which we acquired say 2-3 years back?

Please help me in understanding this.

Thank you.

I think I may need to create a new post for my 2nd query. So I am closing this one.

Thank you all.

This issue has been fixed in repo.

Thanks for pointing out this problem.
J.

@itronics: I hope this has not affected the depreciation / fixed assets reports

Dear @amputhu:

On the same note, will the function "stock_depreciable_fa_list_cells" need to be changed as well?

apmuthu wrote:

@itronics: I hope this has not affected the depreciation / fixed assets reports

the depreciation value is not correct based on the % rate.
for instance if you purchase and an asset with 30,000 $ with straight-line method of 5%, the book value will not be 5% of 30, 000, rather 2.4% why is that?

Anybody encountered the same problem?
@joe @itronics