Re: Modularizing the Dashboard

A demo for this modification was not prepared @kvvaradha, will inform once it is ready.
But all source codes and instruction can be found in post #18, you can get this work easily in about 5 minutes, an example for a module in post #19 was attached as well.

Phuong

Yes ofcourse, But when i try, i got this error

Undefined variable: title in file: /var/www/246/reporting/includes/dashboard_classes.inc at line 233
Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Undefined variable error has been fixed.
New source code can be downloaded HERE
Thank you @kvvaradha

Post's attachments

dashboard_02.zip 20.2 kb, 18 downloads since 2019-01-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Phuong

Perfect @notrinos. I got it working. Very Simple Just like Reports. Hats off to you.

Here is the Screen Shot.

@apmuthu as you said in Post#24, I think @notrinos is just showing his work to be included in the Core if found useful for all developers. Once decided, optimizing the code and structure to be used in separate folder or reporting folder can be done by our gurus @Joe and @itronics.

My vote is 100% for this modification to be included in the core.

Post's attachments

Widget.png 208.6 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-01-16 

www.boxygen.pk

@notrinos: Thanks. The fix now includes the missing variable $title in the function arguments. It is also a property in the Widget class.

I fear, this thread may die. I request other developers to test and give their feedback. @joe, @itronics please do consider this in core.

www.boxygen.pk

It seems every one is too busy smile

www.boxygen.pk

No, but we have been busy fixing an SQL Injection problem.
Give me some time to evaluate this. It seems good.

/Joe

Good news smile

www.boxygen.pk

Hello all, and especial @notrinos.

I have been looking at your work, @notrinos, and it looks very good. I think it should be implemented in the core for release 2.5.

I only have one suggestion. Instead of using the reporting folder I would rather like to make this folder inside the new dashboards folder. and also the includes folder. f.i.
a folder called: widgets and inside this folder all the widgets and the includes folder.

The reason for this is that the reporting folder is more addressed to the reporting system.

We could use all the widgets or some of them in the core. I haven looked at this in detail yet. This is a matter of taste.
I guess you have taken all the current widgets, right?

I will have a talk with Janusz, about merging the stable 2.4.6 into the unstable version and call it 2.5 Alpha, and then we can implement your dashboard variant, is that ok @notrinos.

Janusz has been working on your HRM, but I don't know how far he is, but I think this HRM should also be in the 2.5.  I guess it need to be 'merged' with your new ideas as well.

Thank you all for your coorporations in this matter.

/Joe

In the 2.5 alpha, make provisions in the db for the bin concept in the warehousing for inventory - long overdue.

Great

www.boxygen.pk

Yes @joe, it all are definitely good.
And if Jquery could be included in the 2.5 I would take a plan for a javasript chart library also.
Can't wait to see breakthroughs in the next major release.

Thank you all

Phuong

great looking forward

ANOOP
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes!

Hello @notrinos I am working on this dashboard system. In Post # 19 you have given a link of Sample Dashboard Module. That link is not working. Can you share that sample again.

Regards.

www.boxygen.pk

I no longer keep that code, can anyone have it upload here ?

Phuong

Ok, your explanation given in Post#10 is enough to create a sample module. Except nothing should be done in dashboards folder instead reporting folder shall be used in module to create the file custom_dashboards.php.

Thanks for this great feature.

www.boxygen.pk

Hi All,

Is there any update on Dashboard? Hope to have a new look & feel dashboard with charts under each application/module (grasped from @notrinos).

I am not a well versed programmer but bit confident in developing a new theme to include dashboard with js charts where I have customized renderer and css file. I don't have access to attach the screenshot (png file) here of my demo dashboard.

you can upload the screen shot to imgur.com and share the link here

www.boxygen.pk

Appreciate if this forum Admin could provide me the privilege to post with file attachment

Once you become Senior Member you will be granted that privilege automatically. That requires a good number of posts in the forum smile

www.boxygen.pk

boxygen wrote:

you can upload the screen shot to imgur.com and share the link here

Here is the link->https://imgur.com/H40novl

@boxygen please post the png to have a look at by others in this thread

Post's attachments

Dashboard_with_Charts.png 408.8 kb, 2 downloads since 2020-06-20 

@samsa in this theme you have included the idea of @notrinos? To have dashboard modularized?

www.boxygen.pk

boxygen wrote:

@samsa in this theme you have included the idea of @notrinos? To have dashboard modularized?

@boxygen I'm not sure about this is what @notrinos has suggested. I have created a new theme for the dashboard modularization and chart.js library (believe there is no security risk as the link to the library is not external) is used along with css for creating charts. Thanks to a friend of mine who helped me out with updating js/renderer files.

50 (edited by rafat 06/25/2020 12:51:40 pm)

Samsa,

Attached is notrinos website dashboard... Very similar. Actually identical. Its at notrinos.com
I guess thats what boxygen has meant. So is it your own or inspired by notrinos is what boxygen is asking.?? Unless you have actually created a different dashboard that we dont see in the image you have uploaded.

Post's attachments

nitro_theme.png 108.8 kb, 2 downloads since 2020-06-25