Topic: what is the function of Save Report Selection Days

hey, can you explain me what is the function of Save Report Selection Days

if its saves reports automatically then where and how can we access it?

Re: what is the function of Save Report Selection Days

hey,

can you please let me know about that what is the function of Save Report Selection Days: in SETUP -> DISPLAY SETUP -> REPORTS ..

regards

Saves the report request form choices in case you need to modify the choices before generating the same or another report again where the same field occurs like orientation, dates, etc.

hey,
but it seems that the reports are automatically saved in any folder where we can access it without login or etc,

second, i am not clearly about your lines like from choices....

When you wish to generate a report, you first go to a report request form where you enter the parameters for the report. Some of these parameters are same in many reports. Once you generate one report, your report parameter choices will get saved and be available as the defaults for the same or other reports that have the same parameters and you can edit only the ones that are different for the new report needed.

The filenames are quite random and the folder location is the same. Yes, no usernames or passwords are needed to access it and hence you are expected to quickly delete such cache when done preferably through a cron job.

ok, not clear to me, well i give a

Save Report Selection Days: 7
Default Report Destination: PDF
Default Report Orientation: Portrait

now i need to generate a report like Trial Balance its in my location at /company e.g

/company/1/pdf_files/lwJWpwhO56tNc1d-27WOggxx.pdf

now after 7 days the Trial Balance Report update automatically?

No. No updates like you thought. Only the parameters are saved in the browser form for the duration of the login session for use in other or same report for change of only some parameters and not having to shoose every option each time.