Topic: Access setup documentation

Hi,

I am trying to find what each of the settings in the access settings page map to.  There is a page on the wiki, but there isn't really any information on it.

This is not the first time I have been stuck here and just ended up enabling more things than I want to to make something work.  What I am trying to get specifically right now is the sales pricing tab when clicking items and inventory=>items.  I figured out that this page is enabled with access setup=>inventory configuration=>stock items add/edit, but I can't seem to find the right combination of things to get the sales pricing tab enabled for a user role I have created.

2 (edited by poncho1234 11/15/2018 08:15:41 pm)

Re: Access setup documentation

Look in the file File:\includes\access_levels.inc you will be able to correlate each security area (The part in UPPERCASE beginning SA_)with its description (The string at the end of each line) in the access level page.

Another way is to go to the page you want, in your case /inventory/prices.php? open or view the file in an editor, near the top you will see

File:\inventory\prices.php
12: $page_security = 'SA_SALESPRICE';
13:

Now open File:\includes\access_levels.inc and search for SA_SALESPRICE and you will see this line:-

File:\includes\access_levels.inc
135:     'SA_SALESPRICE' => array(SS_SALES_C|2, _("Sales prices edition")),
136:     'SA_SALE.......

Now look in the access controls page for "Sales prices edition" which you will find under the sub-heading Sales configuration:

For tabs in items open File:\inventory\manage\items.php scroll down to line 600 to see all codes for all tabs

Please be aware that some pages have more than one security code.

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Re: Access setup documentation

awesome sauce!  thank you!