Topic: Direct Cash Sales -- Where to set up the due date?

I was entering 2017 cash sales to the system.  My fiscal year end was 31/Aug/2018.  The date of sale was, say, 17/Sep/2017.  All customers were set to 'Cash' payment terms.  The direct sale invoice input was successful.  However, on printing the invoice, the Due Date was printed as 31/Aug/2018.  Actually all our customers paid cash to get the products.  That means the date of sale is the same as the due date.  Is ther somewhere I can set up the due date?

Re: Direct Cash Sales -- Where to set up the due date?

The due date is coming up with current date. But if you make cash sales the payment date is coming up with the date you inputted for Invoice.

Is that not enough

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

3 (edited by chan2703 10/13/2018 10:24:48 am)

Thanks for your reply.  Yesterday I didn't notice any due date value shown on the Sales Direct Invoice screen. 

Today I paid attention before inputting anything to the DI screen.  I FOUND there was a Delivery Details section at the lower part of the screen, and the due date value was shown.  It was defaulted the same as the invoice date: 31/Aug/2018 which was my year-end date. 

I changed both the due date and the invoice date to my desired date and then started to choose a customer.  All my customers are cash based, i.e. the payment term has been defined as cash only.  Once a customer had been chosen with no other details inputted, the Delivery Details section was immediately replaced with a Cash Payment section.  I completed the invoice input and placed it.  When I printed the invoice, the due date was back to 31/Aug/2018.  My due date input was not recorded at all.  This is kind of strange.

What's more, subsequent input of customer invoices would not show the Delivery Details section again unless I changed the payment of the customer to values other than Cash Only. I guess the Delivery Details is only shown for non-Cash Only customers.  Even though I changed the due date value, it would not be recorded for cash only customers.  But how come the due date was defaulted to the year-end value for my cash only customers?

The due date refers to the date we allow the customers to pay their balance. When you make it as cash sales, how do we allow it to input due date.

You can ask us to record the due date as invoice date.
@janusz - looking your feedback for his requirement

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Actually my requirement is very simple.  Because it's a cash sale, the product is given to the customer  on the spot when cash is collected.  Therefore, I would expect the due date is the same as the invoice date.  Since the system uses another date as the due date, I just wonder if I can change it back to the invoice date.

6 (edited by poncho1234 10/13/2018 04:55:08 pm)

Isn't cash sales meant to be for the day you make the sale? As the simplest method to write an invoice for a cash customer there and then at the time of sale. For this the due date and invoice date are the same. The system works perfectly for this.

The fact that you have not entered an invoice on the day of sale is a different issue.

A possible solution is to change the day you created the invoice directly in the database before you print it.

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

poncho1234 wrote:

Isn't cash sales meant to be for the day you make the sale?

I see your point. That means I have to input direct invoices on the same day the sales are made.  If I collect the invoice copies for the week and input them later, the due date will become the day I input the chits, not the invoice date.

poncho1234 wrote:

A possible solution is to change the day you created the invoice directly in the database before you print it.

Because I just started to use FA, I have to input all my last year's invoices into the system.  If I have a thousand invoices with different sales dates, I then have to change the database for each and every of these invoices.

8 (edited by poncho1234 10/13/2018 06:00:54 pm)

If you do have 'thousands of invoices' then you may want to use import transactions
The ext is available in Install/Activate Extensions and also apmuthu's github

Important: Make a training company, try the import on there 1st till you get it correct, then import to your actual accounts

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

For my own use, I just added $newpayment = true after
      if ($cart->payment_terms['cash_sale']) in the program sales_order_entry.php

to force $cart->due_date = $cart->document_date

By all means, thanks for all of your replies and support.

Also make sure your active fiscal year matches the date you wish to input your invoices. In the first instance, the year ended on 31st August and the invoice was input in September and hence the date was set as the last day of the active fiscal year which was the real previous fiscal year by the time the invoice was entered.