Topic: Additional Fields Extension
This is my first full extension, so it’s a learning process for me.
I originally created this for myself to satisfy the demands of my local tax authority, but realised with changes that it could be useful for other FA users. I’m willing to make changes should anyone have suggestions that would benefit a reasonable number of users.
I’ve added additional fields for customers/suppliers and items (CIS), which other users may find beneficial; also adding four ‘custom fields’ to each, the name of which you would change using a translation. The custom fields can also be used for ‘niche’ users who wish to add info that is fairly specific for their business. Eg. A book seller could add ‘Author’, ‘Publisher’, etc. in items.
Currently the extra fields are integrated into the existing CIS pages, the maintenance links are in the supplier’s module and the reports are in their relevant reports pages. Though this integration could be changed to a separate module as I originally intended to do this and still have the code.
The ext is currently work in progress so therefore is not ready for production and I would welcome any help, suggestions or comments.
[del]Three[/del]Four reports so far:-
1. Item stock check plus bin number
2. Full customer listing with additional field info – excel download only
3. Full supplier listing with additional field info – excel download only
4. Full item listing with additional field info – excel download only
1. [del] Bug as referenced in this post (Should this be irrevocable, then I will rewrite ext. as a separate module.) [/del] This appears to be working in the demo, maybe was a localhost dev issue????
2. Security codes: For development I used notrinos's codes from his HRM module, but when I changed to my own codes, I had no access??
3. [del]Report - full item listing with additional field info – excel download only[/del] Done
4. Code review.
5. [del] Check text strings are enabled for translation [/del] - Done
6. Put custom fields in separate columns for customer/supplier reports
7. [del]Change Spanish labels to English[/del] Done
8. Update sql & Remove sql notworking - Possible fix below
9. [del]Dates not being saved[/del] - Done, added date2sql to update item function
Possible discussion points for future development
1. Inquiry report X 3 for each of CIS
2. Additional fields for customer branches.
3. Additional integration with FA core
4. Countries, departments, and cities. This data is unlikely to change once the user has entered their locale, should this be included in the database or as a lookup file? Bulk upload? Is this info necessary given the existing Address text box? I included as needed for myself
5. Manage custom field names (Instead of using a translation)
Demo is here
Code is here