Topic: Sales Invoice, debit note

Hi, I got few questions here.

1. I noticed there are supplier invoice which can link to GL code. But there is no Sales invoice which can select GL code instead of item.
2. Where is the customer debit note?

Re: Sales Invoice, debit note

Customer Debit Note: Does a negative value work?

I have tried input negative value in credit note. It doesn't work. How come got credit note but no debit note?

Actually, the Debit / Credit Notes have allocation potential, otherwise a mere Journal would have sufficed.

@joe: can we make DN/CN for all Suppliers and Customers alike?

Yes, we need this. Most of the accounting software has DN/CN for both customer and supplier.

Also, the sales invoice should have 2 type, which is link to item code or link to GL code directly, indicate whether has stock control or not. I cant find the second option in FA. But for supplier invoice there is. Hope you can make this too.

Instead of a DN you can use the normal Sales Order/Delivery/Invoice. If you need special accounts instead of items, then you can use a universal service item, where you can change the description etc.

We have no plans of changing into a DN at present.

/Joe

Hi Joe, how about the customer invoice that link with GL code instead of stocks?

GL code for customer??

Similar like Supplier Invoice, I can choose the GL Account directly instead of Customer Invoice must link to Item, then item link to GL Account. This is for those sales without inventory control. Isn't this common?

@chunket I'm not understanding your problem. My business has no inventory. All of the items I have in my database are either "charges" or "services". FA does not perform inventory control on any of those items.

Yes, its not a big problem. Just in current system, you have to create a Item named "charges" or "service" then select it in invoice.
Whereby I don't want to create any item, in the invoice I can select the GL Account directly like the supplier invoice. Because In my scenario, we don't need any item.

I think there is still stock control in item even you choose the "Charges" or "service". When you go to Item > Transactions, you can see the On Hand is -number if you have done any transaction using it. Correct me if im wrong.