Topic: Print Traditional Chinese

Hi, I am new to FA accounting.  Just finished installing and trying various of things.  I got the input of Chinese working already but I am not able to print it correctly (still comes up with scrambled code).  I had already download the chinese_traditional_cid.zip files and placed them in \reporting\font\ already and also check the class.pdf.inc to make sure the font name is chinese_traditional_cid.

Re: Print Traditional Chinese

This is strange. I haven't tried it myself. Maybe there are other using the traditional chinese that can help us here.

/Joe

The problem is solved.  It is because I personally like to use the English interface.  When I tested out some customer names, I have to use Chinese.  Since FA reporting language matches with the preference language, it goes to default font name - dejavu instead of chinese_traditional_cid so the scrambled characters come up as result.   I have a suggestion for users who like to use English interface but need to print Chinese, you can set the default font name to chinese_traditional_cid because I tested it out and it pretty much covers all the characters of simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese and English.

Thanks for this advice.

Joe

To clarify for end users, the change has to be made in reporting/includes/class.pdf.inc by replacing lines 156-162:

switch ($this->l['a_meta_language'])
                {
                    case "ar_EG" :     $fontname = "ae_tholoth";     break;
                    case "zh_CN" :     $fontname = "gbsn00lp";     break;
                    case "zh_TW" :     $fontname = "chinese_traditional_cid0";     break;
                    default :          $fontname = "dejavu";         break;
                }

to

switch ($this->l['a_meta_language'])
                {
                    case "ar_EG" :     $fontname = "ae_tholoth";     break;
                    case "zh_CN" :     $fontname = "gbsn00lp";     break;
                    case "zh_TW" :     $fontname = "chinese_traditional_cid0";     break;
                    default :          $fontname = "chinese_traditional_cid0";         break;
                }

Is this what you did?

Yes, you are correct.

Provided backlink to this post in the Wiki.

Thank you for the suggested solution.  I just faced the same issue, using English for interface but had to use traditional/simplified Chinese.  Now the pdf printing works.