Topic: Inventory Item Cost Update

What are the functions of Inventory Item Cost Update?

Re: Inventory Item Cost Update

Hello,
The average item cost update is done in a file /purchasing/includes/db/grn_db.inc, which automatic update the average cost of the stock, which is used when delivering. The file is called when you receive PO order items.

You can also manually update the average cost price in the Inventory tab. This operation is done in /inventory/includes/db/items_trans_db.inc. There are also GL updates when doing this manually.

The cost prices are based on an average price. Not FIFO or LIFO.

/Joe

I am having the same problem with the user in this post: https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=4935

Instead of doing what is in the post, I added this line as the first line inside function update_average_material_cost

return $price;

I wanted to nullify the whole process inside the function.

Will there be any other effect by doing this?

`update_average_material_cost` function helps to update the material cost on every purchase or credit the goods.  So its ultimately Average cost update is the functionality.

when you write

return $price; 

the return value of this function used when crediting the goods. the purchase order standard cost will get an effect.
but within the update_average_material_cost, it updates the material cost on stock_master.

If the material cost is zero, while making the inventory valuvation report,and its inventory value calculation related functionalities all result you zero value there,

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes