Topic: Item Editable Description Issue

If we use item search option with items that has editable description, the window popup has thrown some errors.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'options' of null
    at selectComboItem (stock_list.php?popup=1&type=sales&client_id=stock_id:104)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.onclick (stock_list.php?popup=1&type=sales&client_id=stock_id:48)

Please assist me with the same

Re: Item Editable Description Issue

Which version of PHP/MySQL/FA are you using?
Which browser / version are you using?

The said error pops up at line 319 of includes/ui/ui_lists.inc/

Please note the version information,

PHP : 5.6.35
MySQL :  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.31-MariaDB
FA Version : 2.4.4
Browser: Google Chrome 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This will have something to do with blank / null field values returned on query for the said version of PHP/MySQL. Try using a lower version of PHP first (5.3.x) with the same DB version and isolate the issue to being PHP or DB dependant. Also try first on some other browser - say FireFox. Upgrade to latest Git Master of FA 2.4.4+ and see if the problem vanishes.

@apmuthu,  nayaspp is right, the issue is the core javascript tries to create option to textbox,  Its a core bug, i will try to fix it, when its drop down it works fine.  But when the drop down changed to textbox, its not possible to add the item here.

Finally Found solution for it. Here is the commit .

@joe: is this specific to certain versions of js or can it be included in the core?

I think it can be included to core. But let's see Joe's answer.

If this has been tested for a while I think we can include it. Is that so @kvvaradha?

Joe

I have tested it. You can include to core.

Fixed and commited to stable.

Joe