Topic: 'Dashboard' on FA2.4.3

Hi team,

I'm currently on FA 2.4.3 and was wondering what is the current 'state' of the Dashboard feature ?

The Wiki (https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Main.Extension-CompanyDashboard) suggests that it's something
that you download as both extension and themes separately and activated the appropriate user access before it can pop-up
as one of the Tabs above

On FA 2.4.3 there is already 'Dashboard' button next to preference and such. So I guess the day where you need install extension
and themes for dashboard is no longer viable from this version and up, yes ?

On the other hand, some search from google and FA's forum seem to suggest that you can, modify the dashboard to your needs and such just like how you write your own report format etc

How do I get started on dashboard ?
I seem to stumble upon apmuthu's FA24 extension list that has dashboard on it, but somehow could not find it again

Cheers,

innovation-driven technology

2 (edited by aleifuuwork 07/20/2018 02:38:58 pm)

Re: 'Dashboard' on FA2.4.3

*Update
Found it :

https://github.com/apmuthu/frontaccounting/tree/master/extensions/Extensions/dashboard
https://github.com/apmuthu/frontaccounting/tree/master/extensions/Themes/dashboard_theme

is this something that you install manually ? or you can get it off from the official extension Repo ?
also probably, a better question to ask is, is this still compatible with the current FA 2.4.3 or 2.4.4 and working ?

The dashboard is well documented in this forum.... also have a look at what is included in Ver 2.4

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

@aleifuuwork: The dashboard.inc is integrated in FA 2.4.x. Your links are for FA v2.3.x. Read from this post onwards. Use the canvas theme in a default install of FA 2.4 and enable it's deployment in the access role for the Administrator user, logout and then login.

5 (edited by aleifuuwork 07/21/2018 01:25:39 am)

Yeah, I don't think Dashboard extension is included in my FA24 repo. The following are the only options available when I want to
'Install/Activate Extensions' from the Setup page

Extension    Modules provided    Options provided    Installed    Available        
Auth_LDAP            None    2.4.0-3        
Inventory Items CSV Import            None    2.4.0-3        
Import Multiple Journal Entries            None    2.4.0-3        
Import Paypal transactions            None    2.4.0-1        
Import Transactions            None    2.4.0-5        
osCommerce Order and Customer Import Module            None    2.4.0-3        
Annual balance breakdown report            None    2.4.0-3        
Annual expense breakdown report            None    2.4.0-1        
Cash Flow Statement Report            None    2.4.0-1        
Check Printing based on Tom Hallman, USA            None    2.4.0-3        
Check Printing based on Tu Nguyen, Canada            None    2.4.0-1        
Dated Stock Sheet            None    2.4.0-1        
Inventory History            None    2.4.0-1        
Sales Summary Report            2.4.0-1    2.4.0-1        
Bank Statement w/ Reconcile            None    2.4.0-1        
Tax inquiry and detailed report on cash basis            None    2.4.0-1        
Report Generator            None    2.4.0-4        
Requisitions            None    2.4.0-3        
zen_import            None    2.4.0-4        

I don't see option to install Dashboard from these

Is it actually supposed to be there or this is something that you do manually ( ie download from the master's link that you provide and goes from there ) ?

My repo is pointing at :

$repo_auth = isset($SysPrefs->repo_auth) ? $SysPrefs->repo_auth :
array(
     'login' => 'anonymous',
     'pass' => 'password',
     'host' => 'repo.frontaccounting.eu', // repo server address
     'branch' => '2.4'    // Repository branch for current sources version
);

This is the correct repo address for extension and themes, isn't it ?

7 (edited by poncho1234 07/21/2018 02:47:32 am)

The dashboard is already installed, read apmuthu's post #4 carefully please

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Alright. Got it. Cheers

So FA24's dashboard is already included, unlike FA23 where it was as Extensions etc

I suggest we can either update or remove the Wiki entry.
It was quite confusing, because it suggests before you use Dashboard you need to enable and set permissions accordingly ... which you no longer need to do that in FA24, right ?

Also, Can you modify the dashboard from FA24 web interface ? The Wiki seems to suggest you can select Dashboard Setup and Dashboard Reminders. Or is this no longer relevant from FA24 ?

Wiki updated.

Is it possible to customize the 2.4.4 Dashboard?