1 (edited by BarryHavenga 07/13/2018 07:48:08 am)

Topic: Recovery of old installation

Hello.  After an inadvertent Maria upgrade on an Ubuntu 18.04 server, I found I could no longer access my company files.

I finally resorted to a clean install with a primary company 'activ' which is the same as my 'old' primary company.

Is there any way I can restore my old configuration by overwriting the /var/www/html/accounts files with a backupof the old directory structure  and (presumably) resoring the databases to /var/lib/mysql as well?

Regards

Regards Barry

Re: Recovery of old installation

Just fix your config_db.php file to point to your upgraded database correctly and that the access credentials are okay.

@apmuthu , I think he wants access files(May be he has some attachments). So he has to bring the config_db.php and also the company directory to retrieve files and database access to.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Regards Barry

Hello:

I am still battling to log in in FA

I have access to all the respective company databases via phpmyadmin and have copied across config_db.php and also the company directory.

The FA login fails with:Incorrect Password

The user and password combination is not valid for the system.

If you are not an authorized user, please contact your system administrator to obtain an account to enable you to use the system.
Try again

and the error.log shows: [31-Jul-2018 20:39:37 Africa/Johannesburg] 0::connect_db_mysqli.inc:127:[before upgrade] mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given.

Can anyone suggest what else I can try please?

Regards Barry

You probably have a PHP configuration error. One possibility is that your socket file in PHP is not set to point to the actual MySQL socket. Check your my.cnf for the socket file that is used and then find the socket file used by mysqli in your php.cnf and set it to the correct file.
If that's not it, study the error logs and look for specific errors. Also, make sure you can connect to MySQL.
What you are seeing is that the MySQL connection failed.