Topic: Hiding prices for purchasing

Hi team,

In my client's company there is a Purchasing division who consists of
1. Purchasing manager ( the head )
2. Purchasing admin ( the underling )

Now, Purchasing admin is only supposed to input purchase order whenever there's request from production floor. let's say, for example production floor needs more banana for which later approved by Purchasing manager. This is simple workflow

The policy in place is that Purchasing admin is not handling price nor have knowledge about how much banana is from supplier A or B and such. What Purchasing admin needs to know is that he/she needs to input PO and that's it. he/she doesn't or not supposed to care about price and such

I know that the solution that I'm looking for is probably to delve straight into codes and make slight adjustment, similar maybe to what this post was
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3514

Before I do that though, I'm hoping there are more elegant solution to this scenario ?

Purchasing admin doesn't need to know to about price. Hence when he/she input FA's Purchase Order Entry, we would like to 'hide' price or just not put it to display at all. He/She just need to input how many banana are needed

Later on, Purchasing manager can login to FA and starts reviewing the PO that was inputted and made decision wether to aprrove or not

innovation-driven technology

Re: Hiding prices for purchasing

FA probably does not have this kind of filtered data input feature. Create a restricted Purchase Admin role and toggle the price field to be hidden.

A quick search of the word 'price' on Access Setup just gave me 3 result(s):

1. Sales configuration -> Sales prices edition
2. Sales related reports -> Sales prices listing
3. Purchase configuration -> Purchase price changes

@apmuthu, do you mean to toggle off result no.3 ?

That will just prevent editing an existing Purchase Order's price.
Probably clone the said role as a new role, switching of the edit permission and create one for switching off the add/view purchase price permission as well which needs to be instantiated in the role instanciation script as well. Then use that role in your new purchase order form to replace the existing one possibly as an extension.

Hi @apmuthu, I don't think I understand yet. I know that we can create/clone role and modify permissions as such. However, it seems that you are suggesting that you can

apmuthu wrote:

create one for switching off the add/view purchase price permission as well which needs to be instantiated in the role instanciation script as well.

How do we go about it ... creating add/view purchase price permission ?
What role instanciation script ?
Maybe you can point out to some development notes / wiki that covers this and I can chase it up

Study some of the extensions that create new permissions that can be allocated to any role (new or old) and make yours.