Topic: Customer invoice - Our Order No box always " 0 "

I'm planning to start a small business and decide to go with frontAccounting. Also, I'm new to accounting.

after few hours of trial and error now I figured out how to enter sales and supplier accounts.

But when I go into

Customer Transaction Inquiry -> select customer -> print the " Customer Payment " using the print icon the " Our Order No " box is always " 0 ".

But in " Delivery Note " it contains the correct order number in " Our Order No " box.

Is there a special config to be done or have I a step?

Re: Customer invoice - Our Order No box always " 0 "

Have you entered the customer payment?

FA is an excellent accounting program, but you do need to read the Wiki to get the most out of it.

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Yes, of course, it is a great program. Very straight forward, easy to setup and easy to learn as well. I have this small issue as Im new to accounting and learning big_smile

I followed these steps

1) created " Sales Order Entry " for a customer
2) Then added a " Delivery Of Sales Orders "
3) Then " Invoice Against Sales Delivery "
4) Finally " Allocate Customer Payments or Credit Notes " -> allocated all for the specific transaction.

Then when I check the box " Our Order No " shows Zero in  " Customer Transaction Inquiry " -> " Customer Payment "  printout.

But as I said before for the " Customer Transaction Inquiry " -> " Delivery Note " printout it shows the correct " Our Order No "

Alos if I add a customer payment as you said, It'll be double entry. Showing duplicate payment in " Customer Transaction Inquiry " with a new number in # column.

Cannot figure out what step im missing sad

4 (edited by poncho1234 04/01/2018 09:11:56 pm)

I cannot understand how you went from 3 to 4? Unless you made a cash sale?

After 3) Then " Invoice Against Sales Delivery " you have to enter a customer payment: because:-

before you can allocate a payment, there has to be a payment.

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

5 (edited by sxshit 04/01/2018 09:54:07 pm)

yes it was a cash order

see the following images

https://ibb.co/evBRx7
https://ibb.co/mPeqPn

Post's attachments

Cust_Trans_Pay.zip 29.5 kb, 1 downloads since 2018-04-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

There is no Sales Order associated with a payment for the Payment Transaction.
Only when a payment allocation is made to a Sales Invoice, the corresponding Sales Order is tagged to the transaction.

In my previous attempt the 4th step was to do a payment allocation. So I think I have done what you have mentioned already.

I also did a " payment due within 10 days " sale same result. hoping the different approach would make a difference.

1) created " Sales Order Entry " for a customer with payment due within 10 days
2) Then added a " Delivery of Sales Orders "
3) Then " Invoice Against Sales Delivery "
4) Now if I go into "Customer Allocation Inquiry" under  " Inquiries and Reports " it shows me a pending entry. There I can use the cash icon to add a payment.

5) After clicking the cash icon I'm at " Customer Payment Entry " page. There I allocate all and process the payment.

But no change " Our Order No " is still showed zero in customer payment printout

Again, please do not confuse Customer Payment with Payment Allocation to a Sales Invoice. The former is what is shown as zero in your reports (rightly so), whilst the latter appears only in a ledger printout for the customer. Remember that any one payment or credit note of a a customer can be allocated to one or more Sales Invoices / Sales Orders and hence the need for the mere "Payment" entry to be independent of any Sales Order.