Topic: How to show Finished Goods Inventory

Hi,

While using manufacturing module when I produce material and save it, it will not go to Finished Goods because there are three things in inventory  RAW MATERIAL (INVENTORY), WIP AND FINISHED GOODS but finished goods option is not found in the general setup. Kindly can someone to me the exact workflow in frontaccounting?

Re: How to show Finished Goods Inventory

Manufactured goods finally go to Stock Inventory at a specified Warehouse location. Check the stock_moves table for clues.

Sir I knows it but once you deal in manufacturing process and for the correct reporting purposes there are three areas  Raw material, work in process & finished goods so normally when you Purchased material it will showing in Raw Material  and then transfer for the Production processes and the units are showing in work in progress  then finally come to the finished goods.

The finished goods must then be moved to the appropriate warehouse location.

@joe: any issue here?

The material is first taken when producing. The simple assembling is taken immediately from raw material. For the advanced manufacturing this happens during producing. As far as I know we don't use the work in progress. It goes from raw material directly to finished goods.

Of course the material is reserved after the release (advanced manuf.).

Joe

An addendum to my former post!

1. Advanced Manufacturing.
If you make several productions or adding extra costs to a Work Order, the work in progress will be visible in the balance sheet.

When the closing productions has been done the work in progress is transferred from works in progress to finished goods.

From the Release status to Production you will see the demand of BoM items in the Item Status together with other demands as sales orders.

Joe