Topic: How can I add Bank Accounts after i have Imported lots of transactions

Hi
How can I add Bank Accounts after i have Imported lots of transactions (14000 trans and 21 year), and connecting to an used GL Accounts?

I'm a newbie in FrontAccounting but have a little experience  with mySQL and have direct access to the db.

Thanks
Geir

Re: How can I add Bank Accounts after i have Imported lots of transactions

How did you import the banking transactions into FA without having the relevant bank account(s) in place?
If you have a backup prior to importing the transactions, then restore it and logout and login again and then create the bank accounts and then import the transactions afresh.

Which version of FA are you using?
What does "21 year" mean, assuming "14000" is the number of transactions imported you refer to?

Hi thanks for reply.

I used FrontAccounting 2.4.3 and starting to add manualy all my GL Accounts.
And so import all my old GL Transaction Year by Year.
I used the  Import Multiple Jourmal Entries tool in FA. Total 14000 Journal Entries. from 1997 to 2018 from my old Accounting system.

From year 1998 I observed in Banking and General Ledger > Maintenance > Bank Account possibility to add Bank Accounts.
I added one Bank account and after more import the bank Account was looked in the Dashboard. The only problem was the account was a little low.
So I imported the rest of my old year. The result and Balance report looks okay.
So I tried to add the rest of my Bank accounts but it was not possible as the  GL Accounts was already in use.

The way I think I have fix the problem was to add the bank account, manually in to the 0_bank_accounts table, and so added one record to 0_bank_trans table With the missing amount.

I know the accounts is not still correct for earlier year but is okay for the future. Have you a better solution?

Adding entries in the database manually is not advisable.
There are other table fields that affect next reference number for new transactions and the audit_trail table. If, however, you still need to do it, then in another dummy company, add a bank account and compare the before and after sql backups to identify what changed and do likewise appropriately in your actual company.

Only one GL Account can be mapped as one Bank Account. Create the GL Account first and then assign the Bank Account.
This way there will be no errors like "GL Accounts already in use".

Adjustment entries (Journal Entries) to match the Opening Balance can be done at the close of the previous fiscal so that all carried over Balance Sheet entries in the new fiscal will be correct. Such entries however will not have the tracking capability for allocations in AR and AP and their reports on ageing.

Make sure you have all the GL entries and the Bank Accounts setup and only then import your transactions.
Have all the fiscal years too available and make sure you have the option to enter transactions in earlier fiscal years enabled in the role permissions.

Hi thanks for reply and thanks for Your advise