Topic: Currency and vat % setup for South Africa

Hi, I'm new with this system and I want to setup currency for "ZAR" and also our 14% tax rate

Help would be appreciated
Kind regards
Francois

Re: Currency and vat % setup for South Africa

Although the 6 digit Chart of Accounts for South Africa - chart_en_ZA-general - is in the official repo, it is advisable to use the standard en_US-new.sql Chart of Accounts and customise it for South Africa. Use the bleeding edge FA 2.4.3+ to start your FA endeavour without much problems since there have been several fixes to the Official FA 2.4.3 released on 2017-11-09.

Thank you for yout reply.

How do I customise it for south africa , I just need everything to say "ZAR" and not "USD"

Regards
Francois

4 (edited by apmuthu 02/10/2018 05:52:32 pm)

A brand new South African Chart of Accounts has been prepared on your request (upload the chart to the sql folder) and added to the FA24extensions repository. Kindly provide feedback.

ZAR Currency - Rand / Cents
VAT 14%
Fiscal Year from 1st March till last day of Feb of next year
1 user: admin
Initial admin password: password

The Chart from the Official repo has some field order and other DDL issues besides having no P&L Account - essentially broken. It is stated to be a 5 digit Chart but in actuality it is a 6 digit one. Hence, if you use it, then be prepared to customise it to work. Otherwise, use the one linked above.

Post's attachments

en_ZA-new.sql 65.6 kb, 9 downloads since 2018-02-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thank you for your assistance.

The new sql. file works great !! I have not found any problems and will recomend this accounting software to others.

Kind regards
Francois

@franaxx: Thankyou for the feedback.

@joe: can make it part of the official pkg repo.

Janusz has been asked to fix.

/Joe