Topic: Invoice Against Sales Delivery

When I perform this process it results in customer payment GL entries in AR and Petty Cash.  I was not expecting this to happen.  I was expecting to have to execute a Customer Payment process and then follow up with an allocation of the payment against an invoice.

Why did this happen?
How do I reverse it?
Is there a flag set somewhere that enables the automatic customer payment?

Re: Invoice Against Sales Delivery

When a Direct Sales Invoice is raised on Cash Payment Terms, this is what is expected to happen - casual over the counter purchases. The correct way is to
1. raise a Quote (optional),
2. make a Sales Order,
3. effect a Delivery of items,
4. Invoice the Sales Delivered on Credit payment terms,
5. Receive a Payment from the customer and then
6. Allocate it to the appropriate Invoice(s).

The workflow you've outlined IS how I processed the order, except I do not create a quote.  I DO NOT process a Direct Invoice.

Customer has Credit Terms set as Credit Card in the customer setup.  The Payment Terms on the Issue an Invoice for Delivery Note screen is set to Credit Card.

So, what am I missing?

I discovered the problem.  The payment option Credit Card, in Payment Terms under the Miscellaneous section of Setup, was set to Cash.  Once I edited the type to "After No. of Days" and set the "Due After/Days" to 30 days everything processed as expected.

This has now been inculcated in the default standard Chart of Accounts in a recent commit for FA 2.4.3+.