Topic: Required Delivery Date

What sets the duration?

Right now it seems to be 10 days... I can't find any setting that changes this.

In

Re: Required Delivery Date

It seems to be the same as the terms of payment, which is not right.
There is an internal 'required delivery date' which should be editable in System and GL Setup.
When setting the Sales Order delivery date, this should be the value to follow.
If setting the delivery date in Sales Delivery, the delivery date should be the same as the document date.

Janusz, what is your opinion to this?

/Joe

Yes, this is a bug, the 'Delivery Required by' setting should be used here.
Janusz

This setting was alreqady editable. Unfortunately it was hard coded (not used) in the source. Will be fixed asap.

/Joe

I have set Delivery Required By: = 0  in setup -> system and general gl setup.  But when I set a date in the delivery, the invoice due date is incremented by one day.  I need it to be the same day unless I change it. Is this a glitch or something I am doing wrong?

ed10

I cannot reproduce this.
If you set a date in Direct Delivery is will automatically be increased by the days set in system and GL setup.
If you set a date from order->delivery, the delivery day has already been set in Sales Order. In this case it is not updated when changing the document date.

/Joe

Thanks Joe,

I tested this on the 2.3 ver of the test site.  I changed the due date and then tried the del. It didn't work earlier this morning.  After I read your post I logged back in and tried again, checking to be sure the 0 stuck.  It worked fine.  I am wondering if that changed filed only gets read when logging in. 

What I did was try it on local box saw the 1 in the setup, changed to 0 and tried again. Was still adding day, went to test server as said above.  After it worked on test server, tried my local again and it works.  That is why I was wondering if just read file on log in as that was the only thing I did.

ed10

Could be a cache / session issue. Whenever any config setting / preference is changed it is advisable to clear out the cache and login into a new session.

Also, if any js setting changes (like date format, etc), empty out the company/X/js/*.js files where X is the company number.

Pretty sure was a js caching prob as I had cleared browser cache.

Thanks,

ed10

Until the user can set the date for (Order Date).

Can the user set the date for (Required Delivery Date)?

p.s. the user can order goods in 18 January 2017 and he require to send in October 2017.

Any Non Cash Payment terms will show the Required Delivery Date field - see attachment.

Post's attachments

NonCash_Sales_Order_ReqdDelyDate.png 62.7 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.