1 (edited by AsimACC 12/14/2017 12:54:40 pm)

Topic: how to increase dimension levels more than two

how to increase dimension  levels more than two.
or make dimension tree
or make dimension from parent dimension

Re: how to increase dimension levels more than two

There are only 2 Dimensions possible in FA as of now. However, each Dimension can have multiple sibling heads. If Dimension 1 is Department, then there can be several Departments in it.

thanks apmuthu
but my question is if i have a Dimension how to make several Departments in it? "how to do that"

Dimensions => Dimensions Entry => keep adding several departments....

well
for example
i wnat to make Dimension called "2017" as parent and another one called "March" as a sub of the previous Dimension and another one called "stt0120" as a sub of "March" and "sdss022" as a sub of "March" and so on ?

Why not call Dim 1 "Mar 2017"

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Dimensions are not nestable.
You can create dimensions elements like 201703stt0120, 201703sdss022, etc.

If you wish to track transactions then use the Tag feature.

thanks poncho1234
thanks apmuthu
It's a good idea to make nested name for Dimension but the problem is, I will not be able to  track transactions for each section of the name alone in reports - for example if I need the "total for all months in 2017" or the "total for all cost centers in March" that way it will not be available.

As for  Dimensions tags I tried to use it but it does not work when I assign a tag for a Dimension it does not make sense for it at all - I have FA 2.4.2.

In fact that critical point will be very useful for accounting in tourist agencies where we need cost centers some way to be nested to report them separately.

Thanks for your interest.

All months in 2017 is best done using the date range in the reports.
The cost centres can be assigned Dimension 1 and can be filtered from there and / or with date range filter.
Using Summary choice in reports will give what you need as well.
The tags will be useful to track a certain set of transactions say pertaining to one specific tour group even across fiscal years.

thanks apmuthu
2017 and march are not dates they are just names of cost centers