Topic: Fresh install and Authorization timeout

Hello Everybody,

I just installed the frontaccounting on linux and went through the company setup which completed successfully.After completing the setup i stepped out for about 30 mins and since then I am continuously getting Authorization Timeout error on the login page.

I tried the following so far but nothing is working-
1- reboot system
2- restart apache
3-restart mysql

I would appreciate if anybody can help me fix it?

Thanks
SG

Re: Fresh install and Authorization timeout

Search the wiki and forum.

Otherwise hack the code as stated in one of the forum posts to bypass the timeout check if your IP changes frequently.

Check the access/login.php file at line 51:

$login_timeout = $_SESSION["wa_current_user"]->last_act;

This records the last activity as a boolean of the logged in user. This is for login only and not for the Authorization timeout you refer to.

Timezone issues too may be the cause.

The actual function login_timeout() is the one that provides the boolean is based on the timeout set in the company preferences (sys_prefs table record) that elapsed after the last activity time and is defined in includes/session.inc. If this function is used properly then the timeout should not occur.

The function session_timeout() defined in includes/current_user.inc is the one that sets the $tout variable from time to time when the check is made.

Hi muthu,
Thanks for link, one quick question, I downloaded source from source forge and I dont see timeout setting in setup page, should I download from a different place ? What is the correct place and version to install today?
-sg

Much water has flown since then.
Take the Git Master version as it works at this point in time and has fixed many bugs.

Just make access/login.php at line 51 from:

$login_timeout = $_SESSION["wa_current_user"]->last_act;

to:

$login_timeout = false;

Hi Muthu,
Thanks for the link, So looks like the latest repository is on git. I am downloading it right away and installing. Will keep you posted if i face any issues.
Thanks
Sg

Hi Muthu,

So far my observations on the download link you provided -

1- Install Success!
2- I updated the time out setting to 120 sec, It works fine!
3- Once I install all the extensions of the program,Session issue pops up again.
4- Sessions start but with a blank screen.

So I guess so far it looks like extensions are causing something to break.Please investigate if you get a chance, It may benefit somebody.

For now as a solution I have re-installed without any extensions and will continue to monitor it and post updates here in the forum.

HTH
Sg

I think there are some PHP error. Try to turn on your error reporting from php.ini

What extensions did you install?
Try them one by one alone and see which ones give the error.

@subodhonnet
You probably haven't enabled LDAP php module, and application execution hangs on call to unexisting ldap_connect() function.
Additional check has been added during module activaton, and new module version is already uploaded to FA extensions repository.

If you would like to continue tests from this point, just remove Auth_LDAP configuration from installed_extensions.php file (also in company/* folders), remove /modules/auth_ldap folder and try login again. Now you can install fixed module version if you wish.
Thanks for reporting this problem.

Janusz

@itronics: Even when checking as opposed to activation ($check_only), shouldn't the error possibility be notified atleast in the logs / screen?

FA24extensions repo synched for auth_ldap. module.

Good question. In fact this hook is currently not called with $check_only set to true.
Janusz