1 (edited by chaitanya 03/17/2012 05:43:31 pm)

Topic: Batch delivery desired

Hi,

Like Batch Sales Invoice, Batch delivery is also needed.
Many times delivery against multiple sales orders is done practically.
If this can be done, multiple delivery notes for single delivery can be avoided.

Thanks

Chaitanya

Re: Batch delivery desired

Hello,

Just wondering if this point was ever taken on ?

I personally experience this a lot, where customer places different orders over period of days and then wants a single shipment of all the items.

It becomes problematic as to do single delivery, I'll have to cancel previous quotes/sales orders and create new one with all the items in single quote/sales order, and then process the delivery.

Just like batch invoice, a 'batch delivery' where we could club deliveries for same customer would be a great addition.

I hope this is possible.

Regards,
Gj

Batch delivery of items from multiple sales orders has there for quite some but deliveries to Invoices - check. Easily tested.

1. Make 2 or more Sales orders from same customer.
2a. Bunch them into a single delivery (can invoice this single delivery).
2b. Make 2 or more deliveries from same or across sales orders and then try to make a single invoice out of them.

From @joe's post:

Yes there is.

If you have several deliveries you can batch invoice them all at once, if you like.

Have you tried?

/Joe

Hello,

I tried doing step 2a, but I don't get an option to combine multiple sales orders in to single delivery.

I am aware of 2b clubbing deliveries in to single invoice, but not able to club multiple sales orders in to single delivery.

You're right, you deliver per Sales Order.
Multiple Sales Orders cannot be bunched to a single Delivery in FA as on date.
Since Sales Orders generally do not affect many tables, it might be better to just edit an existing Sales Order and keep adding to it - saves time creating separate Sales Orders.

Exactly what I've been doing...

Though I have to say, batch deliveries would definitely be a great feature.

Having tried sage/intuit/xero FA has beaten them all in my needs, so I can't be greedy, but us humans always want more and more and more.... big_smile

apmuthu wrote:

You're right, you deliver per Sales Order.
Multiple Sales Orders cannot be bunched to a single Delivery in FA as on date.
Since Sales Orders generally do not affect many tables, it might be better to just edit an existing Sales Order and keep adding to it - saves time creating separate Sales Orders.

Nice point, I might write some module to implement this and sell it wink I think what you need is just an interface so that you don't need to do it manually.

Hi barbarian,

Did you mean the point about adding to sales order or the option of 'batch delivery' ??
If it is about batch delivery it would be great, though I get the add-on free for giving the idea :d

Also, thinking about what apmuthu said before, if sales orders don't actually make any changes or entries to GL accounts, won't it be easier to implement this feature as compared to batch invoice already available?

It will be a really good feature and will be free when it comes into the core. The moot point is whether it is needed at all.

We can keep an open Sales Order for all deliveries being done from time to time by continuously editing it to include such new items asked for and then carry on making deliveries incrementally till we are ready to bunch the deliveries to make a single invoice that will map onto this single single Sales Order but to many deliveries for it.

Hi,

I completely agree with you but at times a few of my clients request sales order so that they can make remittance on basis of this document.

When above is the case, I have to close a sales order and then cannot edit it as that is exactly how my delivery note and sales invoice would look like, which goes with the export documentation for customs purpose.

When above happens, I am not able to use sales order to add more items, and bunch them for delivery.

I agree, it might not be as useful to everyone, but if at all it is a easy fix, considering there are no implications to GL entries, it would be a good option.

How about voiding the Sales order and creating a new one or just exporting it earlier, editing the CSV and then importing it after voiding the current one?

ha ha ha...

seems this feature is right at the bottom of wish list... big_smile big_smile big_smile

Yes, you're right. The devs are now focussing on basic PHP 7.0 compatibility whilst ditching all pre PHP v5.3 class constructs.

These suggested workarounds will have to do for now
- recurrent editing of a single Sales Order and continued deliveries based on it by adding more line items
- Voiding and Re-creating a new Sales Order to match desired delivery bunching
- Export and Edit CSV, Void and Import CSV back the original transaction.

@joe states that the development to inculcate this feature has been postponed to a later minor release.