Topic: FA 2.4.2 General Ledger Inquiry Drilldown Person/Item gibberish

Hello,

I would like to report this problem on Frontaccounting 2.4.2.

My data was imported from excel  from FA 2.3 using Navicat import/export feature.

On General Ledger Inquiry screen the Person/Item field looks gibberish (Customer [0x333135eJ¼aE])  for imported entries and shows only person id (230) instead of name for new entries.

Also, when drilling down to General Ledger Inquiry view there could be duplicates of entries.

Bank Payment    734    07/04/2017         Customer [0x3830354eJ\X]        45.00    2,380.80   
Bank Payment    734    07/04/2017         Customer [0x3830354eJ\X]        45.00    2,335.80

Re: FA 2.4.2 General Ledger Inquiry Drilldown Person/Item gibberish

Check your CHARSET settings in your Navicat for the DB used.

Hex 0x3830354e = Dec 942683470

Check for CRLF ("\r\n") characters in the strings. Excel has cell delimiters that can go awry.

BLOB fields were not export/imported properly.  I set the charset to UTF-8 and exported as sql instead of excel or text. Now everything shows up normally.
However this din't fix the duplicate lines of one particular bank payment. This duplicate line only appears on General Ledrer view without affecting the account balance in general.

The person_id field in both gl_trans and bank_trans tables are of tinyblob type whereas it is of INT type in all other tables (crm_contacts, cust_allocations, supp_allocations) where it exists. Luckily, it does not form part of any index when in the tinyblob avatar.

@joe: Would you like to correct this inconsistency by making it INT everywhere it is a tinyblob? Or is there any reason for this different type casting?