Topic: Purchase order voiding BUG

F.A 2.4.1, try voiding any purchase order (before invoicing it) and it throws the following error:

"The entered transaction does not exist or cannot be voided."

Can anyone duplicate this?

Re: Purchase order voiding BUG

Update to latest FA 2.4.2+ and see if this issue resolves itself.
The changed files from FA 2.4.1 to FA 2.4.2 (#4 post) and that for fixes thereafter (#12 post) are in the Announcements thread for FA 2.4.2.

3 (edited by Dynamic 10/21/2017 06:24:57 am)

Updated, no, it does not resolve itself. What I would like to know is if this is my installation that has a problem or it's a genuine bug. Can anyone try and duplicate it?

Purchase Order Entry -> Create a purchase order -> Receive Items on this Purchase Order -> Setup -> Void a Transaction -> Select type purchase order delivery -> Select the received order and attempt to void it, Error appears: "The entered transaction does not exist or cannot be voided."

The problem is that you are trying to Void it twice - once on successfully Voiding a transaction and since Transaction# is still showing the voided one as a label in the resultant page you may have pressed the Void Transaction again. The Memo field gets cleared but the Transaction# field does not.

@joe: The success message should show the Transaction# that was successfully voided and the Transaction# label in the form should be blanked out on the success page.

Post's attachments

PO_Voiding_Sequence.zip 44 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-10-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

It's not voided - I can see it when I go to invoice the supplier.

That is how it should be. We have only voided the PO Delivery and not the PO itself. A PO does not need to be voided, it can be cancelled in it's Edit screen.

I think I have confused terms  - my mistake. I am talking about PURCHASE ORDER DELIVERY this whole time, not PURCHASE ORDERS. I know canceling a purchase order requires you to cancel the order and not void it. But the PO DELIVERY is where I am having a problem - I cannot void any of them. I was able to do that before I upgraded to 2.4. I have tested it again and every time I am able to duplicate the same fault if I accept a delivery I am unable to void it. And no, it is not invoiced, I know I cannot void a PO delivery after an invoice is made against it, I am talking about just receiving items in a PO delivery then immediately attempting to void it the error occurs. And I know it's not voided because I can create an invoice on that PO Delivery.

Maybe we can change the final message in a future version of FA. Not now.

/Joe

@Dynamic: It appears that your install / data had some glitches during the upgrade. Try to migrate the data into a fresh install and provide feedback. The latest snapshot works as expected as the screenshots in my earlier post will show. The db too was checked for successful voiding.

@joe: There are many places where such Transaction # display would be useful and can be changed during a more mature release. The bug to be fixed is the clearing out of the Transaction# from the form field after successful voiding.

Ok, will have a look. I have been extremely busy with job lately. I am sorry. Will fix asap.

Joe

Here is the fix to clear the Transaction # after voiding any transaction:
Lines 320 to 324 in admin/void_transaction.php:

if (isset($_POST['ConfirmVoiding']))
{
    handle_void_transaction();
    $Ajax->activate('_page_body');
}

should be:

if (isset($_POST['ConfirmVoiding']))
{