Topic: How to correct tax -> tax exempt for completed invoices?

I just noticed an item was incorrectly listed as taxable with the tax included.  There are now a number of payment transactions that have had tax set aside. 

Is there a way to correct the existing transactions?  Is it more than just editing the entries in _trans_tax_details?

Otherwise I could make a journal entry to move the tax, but the invoices would still show the tax.
Bruce

Re: How to correct tax -> tax exempt for completed invoices?

You should have made a new tax and then moved the erroneous one there and then moved it from there to the target one. Take a backup before and after so that if any unwanted transactions are not needed, they can be deleted and / or removed from the backup and then restored.

I'm not sure I understand your answer.  My issue is that the item SHOULD be NON-taxable, but wasn't (it is corrected now).  It isnt a wrong type of tax... I do not believe I would need to create any new tax types...would I?

This is just to correct past mistakes.
I would like the tax amounts to be returned (or never removed from) the full payment amounts. 

I can see all of the wrong transaction with in the table: _trans_tax_details. 

Does this make better sense?
Thank You,
Bruce

The new tax that is also non taxable is just a temporary creation. As you can see all the tax transactions, your method may be okay. If you had voided each such invoice and recreated them, all may be okay as well.