Topic: How do I view and restore voided transactions?

Yes, I'm very aware of the warning:

Are you sure you want to void this transaction? This action cannot be undone.

However, I still want to believe something can be done, especially before the actual voiding. Any ideas?

Is there a way to store the transaction to be voided somewhere (as a SQL statement or anything) before voiding? Or what options are available? Any wild (even seemingly absurd) idea is welcome.

Re: How do I view and restore voided transactions?

Take a backup from Setup => Backup/Restore and then do the voiding and then revert by restoring back if anything went wrong.

That affects depending on the type or document you void. mainly it affects on gl_trans, audit_trail, bank_trans, journals. But the best solution for your question is simply follow the Backup and restore to get it.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

apmuthu wrote:

Take a backup from Setup => Backup/Restore and then do the voiding and then revert by restoring back if anything went wrong.

Backup and restore will always work. However, in my case, an auditor may want to see transactions that were voided days/weeks after voiding. Restoring a backup at that time means we're losing all transactions from the time of voiding.

A compare of the backups before and after voiding will provide the diffs that need to be inserted when cancelling the voiding. Some computed values will be affected like average costing after such insertions.