1 (edited by Yan Shuang 09/21/2017 06:42:39 am)

Topic: Non editable Purchase Order

When the purchase order is use for delivery order, the purchase order is "lock" and cannot be edited.

What can do to edit the purchase order?

Re: Non editable Purchase Order

How did you use a purchase order (your order with the supplier) to become a delivery order (your supply to your customer)?

Only Customer Orders can be used for deliveries to the customer and thence to invoicing the customer.

Let me rephrase my question.

I have a PO, then the PO is use to create DO then Invoice.
When the DO is created from the PO, the PO is not editable.

How do i make it editable?

As the process of generating the DO from a Sales Order is normal, I do not see how you created a DO from the PO directly - unless you did so manually, in which case, the two are not linked by FA. In the Demo company, the PO is editable and is in no way linked to any DO.

Install a US Company with Demo Data (sql/en-US-demo.sql).
List your steps to reach where you are and let us see if we can replicate it.

5 (edited by Yan Shuang 09/22/2017 09:37:28 am)

Hi, the DO i am referring to GRN in FA. You can create GRN from PO.

Hence: PO => GRN => Supplier Invoice => Supplier Payment Done.

Once a GRN is accepted / made, the original PO should not be edited and need not be too as any balance yet to be received is of no consequence unless a balance GRN is made and a fresh Supplier Invoice for it is accepted.

But in this case, after the Supplier Invoice has been made / entered, I am able to edit the original Purchase Order.

Therefore, in your case it may be a user role / permissions issue - try doing it with Company Admin user role.

Post's attachments

EditablePOafterGRN.png 49.7 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Yes, you are right that once GRN is made, the original PO should not be editable. But I need to customize for the PO to be editable regardless of whether the GRN is made for other reason.

The problem is how do i make it editable?

The attachment in my earlier post shows it is editable as of now even after the GRN. Make sure that the Company Setup has chosen the correct accounting year as being active and current.

Yes i do get the edit button even after GRN, but when i try to edit the individual item, it wont allow me to edit the prices.

I cant post the image to show u.. how do i post image?

This is what i have found so far.

Once i received goods, and the quality_received field in the purch_order_details table is >0, i cant edit.

If your PO is say for a qty of 7 of a particular item, and your GRN shows that only 3 have been received, if you are now allowed to edit the PO Qty to be below 3 will it not become an anomaly? Remember that such quantities received affect the standard / average costing and provide for additional GRNs for the balance.

If the GRN Qty is not yet invoiced, the PO remains editable even for the Qty received. The PO cannot be edited if it's entire qty has been received in GRN and invoiced.

You can upload images anywhere and provide the link here.

Where is the checking done to know whether the PO is entirely invoice and GRN?

Check out the function handle_update_item() in purchasing\po_entry_items.php.

When a PO is made and a GRN for part supply is received and invoiced and an edit of the PO is attempted, only the original ordered Qty can be edited and that too it should be more than the Qty Received that cannot be edited since an invoice has been raised.