Topic: Invoice problem with new version

Hi
With 2.4.2 I get just notified about problem with invoices. I have two main sales types - one is for usual costumers and this includes taxes. Other is for company's and these prices are does not include taxes.

In 2.3 version there was no problem - I printed out invoice and in end of invoice - everything was fine. With taxes included costumers get invoice, where are printed:
Total
Price without taxes
Taxes
Total

But now in 2.4 these invoices are in end only following lines:
Total
Taxes
Total
Not any more this "Price without taxes" line.
The problem is only with this sales type - where prices are included to prices already.

Re: Invoice problem with new version

Strange, I cannot find 'Price without taxes' message in FA 2.3 sources.

But if you mean just lack of calculated Net amount, this works exactly as before, and depends on what price list you are using. If you have declared the price list used in invoice as 'tax included' on Sales Types page, the net amount (amount without taxes) is not displayed.
Janusz

Hi
Correct is Total Tax Excluded
But here are examples - the same customer - invoice total area before and now.
Before: [img]https://www.upload.ee/thumb/7432479/before.png[/img]
Now: [img]https://www.upload.ee/thumb/7432483/now.png[/img]
I need some how to show this Total Tax Excluded sum also in invoice.

Those two invoices were issued using two different pricelists (aka 'sales types').  If you need explicit net value on the invoice, just use pricelist which have 'tax included' option unchecked. Then you will have net total stated on the invoice printout.

This works in 2.4.* exactly as it worked in 2.3.
Janusz

5 (edited by spott 09/07/2017 11:54:15 am)

How I can add this Total Tax Excluded line there in with form and how? - as using different pricelist is not an option - as most of my customers are regular customers (not companies) and they pay all taxes. But I need to show in invoice Tax sum and also sum without taxes. All invoice lines can be with taxes - but in total I need to show both lines. Not only included taxes.

EDIT:
I am not understanding right now - I am doing Meld diff with old version files with source forge copy - and it doesn't show me any modifications in files - but still my 2.3.25 prints out invoices, where this Total Tax Excluded is also printed.

Whether your client is charged with taxes or not do not depend on pricelist type. You can use both  brutto (i.e.tax included) and netto  pricelists for any customer type. The only difference is how the price is presented on invoice, and the difference you have shown in the examples. Just for 'tax included' price list the tax is included in price, and not calculated above net price.

But if you really need to have net value stated in separate position on the invoice also for tax included pricelists, you will need to customize rep107.php file.

Janusz

PS. The legal requirements about content of sales invoice depend on country, but I doubt you really want to issue invoice without tax even for company customer if you are in EU.  Generally the VAT tax have to be charged also on company unless your sales is delivered outside the country.

But if for some special reason you really do not want charge with tax some group of your customers, you have to define it in  Tax Groups setup for this customer group. This is described in wiki.

J.

One more thing: I see that on 'price included' screenshot, the long tax description have pushed price much to the right side, which is a little misleading (the tax value lands near in same column as the rest of calculation, while it is not to be added here). I just have fixed it in repo.
Janusz

Still mystic - how before I have this total without taxes and now not. But quick fix - I added just before this line where You made one fix, following lines:
$rep->TextCol(3, 6, _("Total Tax Excluded"), -2);
$rep->TextCol(6, 7,    number_format2($sign*$tax_item['net_amount'], $dec), -2);
$rep->NewLine();
And now its prints out also Total Tax Excluded smile

Oh, I have just realized there is an option 'Put alternative tax inlcude on docs' in Company Setup in FA 2.4.
Just set it on and re-login to the application, then you will have the required value on invoice.
Janusz

big_smile
Exactly that - what I need (y)

Attached is the Company Setup page with the said option.

Post's attachments

AltTaxInRep.png 43.1 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

12 (edited by poncho1234 06/10/2019 06:32:56 pm)

@apmuthu, @itronics,

For an invoice with one item:-

item one 100,000 tax included

Sub-total 100,000.00
Total Tax Excluded 84,033.61
VAT (19%) 15,966.39
TOTAL INVOICE 100,000.00

And for an invoice with two items:-

item one 100,000 tax included
item two 10,000 no tax (excluded)

gives the following totals:-
Sub-total 110,000.00
Total Tax Excluded 84,033.61
VAT (19%) 15,966.39
TOTAL INVOICE 110,000.00

The 'Sub-total' is not a sub-total at all; it just mimics the Total? At best it's meaningless, at worst it could be confusing?

So for 1st ex
one items
In this case shouldn't the Sub-total be 84,033.61 (total cost before tax)(100,000 - 15,966.39 = 84,033.61)

and 2nd ex
In this case shouldn't the Sub-total be 94,033.61 (total cost before tax)(110,000 - 15,966.39 = 94,033.61)

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Maybe the program you have has some mistakes.

If you try this on FA 2.4.6 and tax before price the sub total is useful to show the values of entered items value without tax.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

14 (edited by poncho1234 06/12/2019 12:50:03 pm)

@kvvaradha its a clean install, try it. Remember this is with the 'Put alternative tax inlcude on docs' in Company Setup option checked.
And make sure a Tax is included from Price list (Sales->Sales Types) is selected at top of direct invoice page

And thats the point of posting - The sub-total does not give the total before tax

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/