Topic: The entered information is a duplicate.

Hello.  I have successfully imported several hundred transactions using the Import Transactions module. 

When I tried to import transactions relating to a second account,  I got an error message: "The entered information is a duplicate. Please go back and enter different values."

I have checked the import CSV file and the rows referred to in the error message appear correct. How do I resolve this please.

I can upload the relevant error message and the source .csv file entries if required.

Re: The entered information is a duplicate.

Does it have anything to do with hardcoded primary keys of any auto added primary key that starts with 1 each time?

No this does not appear to be the case. How do I attach screenshots so I can show you the offending entry?file:///home/barry/Temp/Screenshot_FA_Import.png
file:///home/barry/Temp/Screenshot_csv_source.png
When I do it with cut and paste only the filename shows.

Paste link here.

5 (edited by BarryHavenga 08/14/2017 08:08:49 am)

Hello

I could not paste directly to your window and when I paste the links in the reply window I suspect that the links will stay text and not resolve to the graphic.

/home/barry/Temp/Screenshot_csv_source.png
/home/barry/Temp/Screenshot_csv_source.png

Give the link like http://www.yourdomain.tld/<path_to_fa>/Screenshot_csv_source.png

We currently don't have a static IP to our domain. Could I use Dropbox or Google Drive?

Yes

It might not updated the auto increment ID or your reference may already exist, Try change the Reference lines and test it again.

Hello. I changed the Reference Lines but appending an "A" to each number and it still does not work. 

Is there a way to force the auto increment ID update?

Do a diagnostic check of all your tables and re-index them. Also set the auto increment value of each such table to 1 - it should then set the actual value by itself. Make sure your Chart of Accounts sql schema compares exactly with the sql/en_US-new.sql file.